- To work as part of the development team to project manage existing development sites and to further the expansion of Tuath via new development opportunities, with developers and Local Authorities.
- To attract, appraise and secure new opportunities to ensure that each potential project is financially viable, procurement compliant and in an area of housing need.
- To assist the Development Manager & Director in the delivery of the Development Programme for Tuath Housing and ultimately the Government’s Rebuilding Ireland Action Plan.
1. To project manage development schemes from concept to completion. Working closely with design team consultants, contractors, solicitors, funders, local residents and Local Authorities.
2. To identify and respond to new development opportunities, negotiating and ensuring they are commercially viable. Develop innovative construction opportunities to include social, cost rental and private rental options.
3. To assist the Development Manager and Director in the preparation off tender submissions for housing projects.
4. Establish and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders to further the expansion of the Association via new development opportunities, sites or Design & Build projects.
5. Operate with good commercial and financial acumen and be both creative and responsive in the delivery of new housing solutions.
6. Analyse the need for housing provision in partnership with Local Authorities and housing colleagues and prepare project appraisals to include surveys, briefs, valuations, economic investment appraisals, business cases etc.
7. Manage the site identification and feasibility process and establish and utilise a site feasibility to mitigate risk.
8. Negotiate, liaise and communicate effectively with all potential clients.
9. To assist in the delivery of the Development Programme for Tuath Housing within agreed timescales, under the direction of the Development Manager.
10. To assist in the information flow of material to Local Authorities, the DHPLG, Housing Agency, Consultants etc, and to keep concise and accurate records and ensure all project files comply fully with the Voluntary Regulation Code & are maintained to a standard fit for auditors examination.
11. To provide suitable administrative support services for each scheme including attendance at site and design team meetings to represent the best interests of Tuath.
12. To support the liaison with Housing Management, Finance & Technical Services regarding handovers.
13. To appoint Consultants for feasibilities etc and Building Contractors.
14. To assist the Development Manager to ensure all potential development proposals presented to the Association are recorded, actioned and submitted to the DHPLG and relevant Local Authority for approval.
15. To consult with local residents and tenants with regard to new housing projects. Budgetary Monitoring & Control
16. To liaise as appropriate with the Finance Manager and Finance Director on Development schemes.
17. To submit funding applications to Local Authorities, DHPLG and relevant private finance providers ensuring they meet the defined criteria and timescale. General
18. To contribute to the effective delivery of a Quality Service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
19. To participate on forums/working groups/committees as required.
20. To conduct all activities in a manner which is safe to yourself and others.
21. To be aware and act in accordance with Tuath’s Health and Safety Policy.
22. Complete reports/ submissions for Tuath’s New Business and Development team and Board meetings.
23. To undertake any training courses deemed necessary for your role if it evolves.
24. To undertake any other duties as required.
This job description is not definitive or restrictive and will be subject to periodic review in the light of developments