Development Project Manager
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Development Project Manager will work as part of the New Business Construction team within the Development department to further the expansion of Tuath via new build opportunities, Design and Build and Modern Methods of Construction. They will assist in the appraisal of new opportunities to increase housing supply and work closely with the Local Authorities and the Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage (DHLGH) to deliver new social housing, Cost Rental and Affordable Housing and ensure that each potential project is financially viable and offers value for money. They will be responsible for creating and processing innovative opportunities and ensure that Tuath identifies viable projects to develop a range of housing solutions and they will assist the Development Manager with the delivery of the development programme and co- ordinate information between departments for KPIs, new procedures and policies, etc.
- Assist the Development Manager and Director of Development to formulate and prioritise the Associations development programme.
- To lead on identifying and responding to new business opportunities, negotiating, and ensuring they are commercially viable. These new business opportunities should include for social, cost rental and private rental options.
- Analyse the need for housing provision in partnership with housing colleagues and relevant Local Authorities and prepare project appraisals to include surveys, briefs, valuations, economic investment appraisals, business cases etc.
- To assist the Development Manager and Director in the preparation and analysis of tender submissions.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders to further the expansion of the Association via new business opportunities.
- Negotiate, liaise and communicate effectively with all potential clients and contractors.
- Operate with good commercial and financial acumen and be both creative and responsive in the delivery of new business.
- Oversee Architects and Quantity Surveyor on feasibility studies for project viability appraisals.
- Oversee the tendering process for contractors to ensure that contractual arrangements comply with statutory requirements and Tuath’s procurement process.
- Maintain a good knowledge of Government Public Works Capital Contracts and procedures. Have a good technical background and keep up to date with current building regulations and good practice.
- Manage a number of projects from initiation to completion. Provide up to date programmes, cash-flows and risk registers for the projects under your remit.
- Ensure internal audit requirements are addressed with direct reports as required.
- Assist in all aspects of control and supervision of projects within the development process, including the commissioning of the design, financial submissions for Board and DHLGH, preparing reports on tenders received, preparation of contract documentation, ensuring projects meet the defined timescale and format, as required by the Director.
- Ensure tendering procedures are carried out fully in accordance with the EU Procurement, H&S Legislation and other relevant regulations. Prepare reports for approval and ratification by the Board in accordance with Tuath’s procedures.
- Monitor consultants to ensure that Tuath’s design brief is met, costs contained and that Tuath’s optimum standards are maintained. Implement the review consultant performance after all new schemes. Review and update regularly.
- Attend and Present at Public meetings as and when required. (These meetings may be held outside normal office hours).
FINANCIAL MONITORING & CONTROL
- Ensure the development programme is delivered on time and within budget and achieves good value for money.
- To liaise as appropriate with Tuath’s Finance department in relation to Development.
- To submit funding applications to Local Authorities, DHLGH and relevant private finance providers ensuring they meet the defined criteria and timescales.
- Contribute as a member of the Development team to the work of other Departments as required in pursuance of specific objectives, developing good lines of communication.
- Help administer and maintain an efficient Development Team service at all times in support of both the Development Director & the Development Manager.
- To contribute to the effective delivery of a quality service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of and interpret changes in legislation relating to areas of operation and updating policies and procedures.
- Promote and represent Tuath and its interests with relevant outside bodies to include attendance at meetings, seminars and conferences to seek to extend links with all appropriate bodies.
- Provide strategic oversight for all Tuath new business schemes, construction contracts, including the management of Contract Administrators/Employer Representatives to ensure that contracts are delivered within time and on budgets.
- Degree in a relevant field such as Property Studies, Real Estate, Urban Planning, Construction Management, Project Management on new build projects or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar working environment.
- Experience of development, construction, project management, negotiation, property acquisitions and legal conveyancing process.
- Understanding of and experience of working on social housing projects.
- Experience of Public Procurement under CMF-PWC’s Understanding of and experience of strong relationship management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with cross functional teams. Ability to communicate and integrate effectively at all levels of the organisation Excellent problem-solving skills, reporting skills and follow up are a must Organised and capable of managing multiple flows of information Computer literacy with experience that includes wordprocessing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, e-mail, electronic schedulers, Sharepoint and internet.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to compose letters, memos and reports Ability to be self-motivated and work on own initiative and also be part of a team Deadline-driven with the ability to navigate ambiguity and manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced environment The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information Possess commitment to deliver a high-quality customer focused service The ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, evaluation of options.
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions Full, clean driving licence and daily use of car. Where prevented from this due to a disability the candidate must be able to demonstrate how they will meet the mobility requirements of the post
Role relevant to what type of surveyors
Commercial (Agent) Surveyors, Residential (Agent) Surveyors, Property Management & Facility Manager Surveyors, Planning & Develop Surveyors, Geospatial Surveyors (e.g. Land Surveyor), and Project Management Surveyors
Contact details for applicants
Jack O’Byrne – firstname.lastname@example.org – 0874594012 – https://api.occupop.com/shared/job/development-project-manager-cork-0b7d6/SCSI[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]