Landlord & Tenant Course | SCSI Members Ticket
Join us this June for the SCSI Landlord & Tenant course led by renowned Barrister-at-law, Lydia Bunni. This intensive and focused course spans two and a half days, consisting of two full-day sessions and one half-day session. Delving into the realm of commercial real estate, the course will explore various topics, including the Irish Legal System, the dynamics of Landlord & Tenant relationships, tenancy categories, pre-lease considerations, lease creation, key lease clauses such as the Habendum and Reddendum, as well as crucial aspects like fixtures, repairs, insurance, compensation, improvements, and rent reviews. Additionally, participants will gain valuable insights into Residential Tenancies and the Multi-Unit Development Act. Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your understanding of the intricate aspects of Landlord & Tenant law.
10 in stock
The course will take place at the SCSI office, situated at 38 Merrion Square East, Dublin 2. Please refer to the ‘event details’ tab for more information.
Returning this June is the SCSI Landlord & Tenant course with Lydia Bunni, Barrister-at-law.
This intensive, short course will be held in-person, over the course of two and a half days (two full-day sessions and one half-day session).
This programme takes a commercial focus and over the duration of the course will cover the following topics:
- The Irish Legal System,
- The nature of the Landlord & Tenant (L&T) and other relationship,
- Categories of tenancy and issues that may arise prior to entering a lease,
- Contract, formalities and creation of a lease,
- The Habendum and Reddendum,
- Fixtures, fittings, repairs and maintenance,
- Insurance, compensation for disturbance and improvement and rent reviews,
- Residential Tenancies and the Multi-Unit Development Act.
On completion of the course, you will be better able to:
- Give considered and reasoned advice to clients on Landlord and Tenant issues,
- Have acquired L&T terminology,
- Interpret Statutes,
- Find and apply established Common Law and more recent judgements,
- Interpret leases and other L&T documents,
- Identify potential issues and know when and how to seek further information and advice including briefing Counsel.
About the trainer:
Lydia Bunni B.L, LLB, LLM, FCI Arb, Dip. Construct. Law (TCD) is a practising Barrister at Law specialising in Arbitration/ Dispute Resolution, Construction Law, Landlord & Tenant Law, Planning & Local Government Law and Tort & Personal Injury Law.
- Thursday 15th June – 08.30-13.00
- Monday 19th June – 08.30 – 17.00
- Wednesday 21st June – 08.30 – 17.00
20 hours (upon complete attendance, SCSI members will have their hours automatically uploaded to their CPD record).
This workshop will be delivered in-person, at SCSI HQ, 38 Merrion Square East, Dublin 2.
- SCSI members: €780
- Non-members: € 1,140
Booking details: Please note that all bookings must be paid in full prior to course commencement.
Date: 15 June 2023
Start time: 08:30 IST
End time: 13:00 IST
Venue: Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland, 38 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, D02 EV61, Ireland.
Phone: 01 6445500