Letting Property Manager
About the Land Development Agency
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative.
Its objectives are to:
- Coordinate appropriate State lands for regeneration and development, opening up key sites for housing delivery.
- Drive strategic land assembly, working with both public and private sector landowners.
- Contribute towards the delivery of affordable housing; and
- Become a leading influencer of housing and land management, through research and innovation.
A key part of the LDA’s remit will be to develop large residential schemes through both direct traditional procurement and development partnership routes.
The LDA will be underpinned by grounding legislation and is overseen by an independent board of directors. The Government has committed to providing the LDA with equity capital of up to €1.25 billion.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]This is a new role and will offer the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work on a wide range of transformative residential rental projects across the country initially through the management of Cost Rental leases and subsequently through contributions across the development life cycle.
The ideal candidate will have all necessary technical and commercial acumen required to successfully rent and manage residential property, but importantly will need to be a team player with the drive, work ethic and adaptability to respond to the exciting challenges of the LDA mandate.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Management of Letting and Property matters relating to a portfolio of Cost Rental tenancies.
- Directing and working closely with the external property/letting management agents and/or internal teams as applicable.
- Implement agreed letting terms with property management/letting services suppliers and managing their performance to agreed metrics including absorption rates, occupancy, voids, and arrears.
- Overseeing the management of the tenant relationship ensuring queries or requests are resolved in a timely manner. This includes the development of site specific tenancy handbooks and utilisation of development of tenant engagement strategy.
- Management of all aspects of rent collection, unit/block/site property management and administration of insurance and management of risk.
- Oversee all inspections (periodic and tenancy related) of properties and liaising with and directing property manager and maintenance contractors, seeking competitive quotes for works in compliance with LDA procurement guidelines.
- Management of planned preventative maintenance, maintenance contracts, schedules, site safety files, health, and safety reports etc
- Overseeing and administering paperwork and processes related to cost rental lettings including maintaining tenancy schedules and service provider database as well as asset management inventories.
- Liaising with Accounts Team to ensure efficient running of operations.Includes supporting the production of monthly and annual accounts, reviewing invoices for payment each month and actively investigate cost reduction opportunities
- Preparing weekly/monthly reports for internal meetings and project reviews.
- Assisting colleagues in reviewing plans for new rental developments preparing analysis and advising on estimated rents andoperational costs for the proposed buildings.
- Working with internal teams to implement new property management systems to collect, store and analyse all property information for compliance and decision support purposes.
- Ensure portfolio and external contractors comply with applicable, legislation, regulation, and best practice in the delivery of their services.
- Proactively Develop management and leadership skills to ensure career development
- Other duties as may be required based on the evolving operational requirements of the LDA.
- Have minimum 3 years of direct residential tenancy management experience.
- Must have PSRA licence ‘C’ as a prerequisite and have property-related educational qualification.
- SCSIS membership desired with pathway identified to Chartered Status.
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and external)
- Strong knowledge of the residential letting sector as well as landlord and tenant legislation, RTB regulations and statutory property obligations
- Knowledge of public procurement a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and experience in OMC Block Management a distinct advantage
- Must have own car and full, clean driving license.
- Solutions and results focused
- Strong commercial awareness and sound professional judgement
- Excellent attention to detail is required and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience of other property related IT systems desired.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal in both day-to-day work as well as formal briefings.
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable. Capable of managing multiple sites via external suppliers or internal team.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Closing date for applications 3pm, Friday 28th October 2022.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”Apply” color=”warning” size=”lg” align=”left” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Flda.bamboohr.com%2Fcareers%2F52″][/vc_column][/vc_row]