A formal work placement component within an SCSI accredited course is a period of structured work that is recognised towards the structured learning period within the APC. Completion of this work placement shortens the route to Membership for those students on full time accredited courses. Students on full time courses may enrol on the APC in their final year but equally can wait until after they graduate and the placement will still be recognised.
Key rules for placements:
- A maximum of 12 months of a 24 month APC can be completed prior to graduating.
- Students must record a diary of experience during their placement.
- The formal period of work placement will be recognised after students graduate for a period of up to 2 years after graduating.
- Recognition of the work placement period will only be open to student members of the SCSI.
- Placements will only be recognised for students on an accredited course.
- The placement must be a recognised, structured part of the course.
- Additional work undertaken by students outside of the placement period, prior to graduation, will not be recognised as part of the APC recording period.