Surveyors play a key role in providing essential knowledge throughout a building's life cycle. Whether a client is looking for information to inform their acquisition, an analysis for development potential, or knowledge of their buildings maintenance level and needs, surveyors help property owners stay informed and make the best decisions for their properties.
Benefits of commissioning a building survey, whether a prospective purchaser, occupier or investor in property includes:
- gaining an understanding of the condition and design of the property;
- establishing the suitability of the property for its intended use;
- understanding the need for, and quantifying, future costs and other liabilities;
- providing a level of protection for institutional investors or funders; and
- providing a basis for negotiation with the vendor or landlord.