Founded in 2007, Fine Grain Property is an Irish-owned commercial real estate investor and operator. Since 2016, Fine Grain has invested over €190 million in its growing Irish business park portfolio, and now operates close to one million square feet of commercial real estate across Ireland hosting more than 60 global multinational and domestic businesses.
Our mission is to build success for our clients in great workspace communities across Ireland, and the holder of this role will be the face of Fine Grain Property’s real estate offering, delivering the strategy of the business. The highly motivated Fine Grain Property management team generates investment returns by providing great workplace communities, which help our clients to attract and retain talent, boosting employee engagement to drive productivity and business success.
In delivering this promise, we focus on three key areas:
Fine Grain Facilities – delivering great spaces and service. A quality and consistent feel across our portfolio.
Fine Grain Friends – facilitating property and digital experiences that create a sense of belonging for clients and their employees
Fine Grain Futures – working in line with environmental, social, and governance standards to deliver sustainable growth.
Fine Grain Property is looking for a professional to shape its growing portfolio of commercial office space across Ireland into great workplace communities, by managing the delivery of best in class, sustainable facilities and facility management.
This is a hands-on role, which will involve travel to all parts of Ireland. This role is a senior appointment within the Real Estate Team, and will report to the Real Estate Director, with a close working relationship with the Client Relationship Manager. The position requires initiative, flexibility and a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
The Asset Manager will develop and manage successful relationships with clients to ensure their expectations are understood and achieved. This role can be based anywhere in Ireland. Remuneration Remuneration will be commensurate with this leadership role – a combination of salary and annual performance-related bonus, with an opportunity to participate in an employee share incentive plan.
Fine Grain also offers a range of progressive employee policies and benefits, including pension contribution, 25 days’ holiday per annum, and flexible working arrangements.
Asset Manager – sample responsibilities:
The Asset Manager will adopt a systematic approach to managing, establishing and implementing clear standards and key performance indicators (KPIs), together with clear reporting, audit and survey protocols to ensure agreed service levels are delivered. The Asset Manager will ensure the delivery of the required service and property standards on time and on budget throughout the portfolio. The successful candidate will be a process-driven leader, with a track record of interacting effectively with clients, local authorities, contractors, service providers, and property consultants.
Key areas of focus:
• Implement the Workplace Communities plan throughout the Fine Grain Property portfolio to drive the value of the real estate through effective and sustainable facilities management and asset enhancement initiatives.
• Standards driven Facilities Management
– Fine Grain Facilities
- Deliver great workspaces and client experience, creating a quality and consistent feel and experience across the portfolio, enhancing clients’ brands, and supporting their growth.
- Oversee the planning and management of management funds and sinking funds, to deliver cost-effective and prudent short and long-term management of property assets.
Sustainability - Fine Grain Futures
- Work with the Fine Grain Futures team to implement environmental sustainability standards, audit and reporting to deliver year on year reductions in carbon footprint per square foot of the portfolio.
- Effective project management of capital expenditure projects, ensuring appropriate governance, time and cost management for asset enhancement initiatives and new developments.
- Appoint and manage outsourced facilities managers.
- Establish KPIs for each Business Partner and monitor performance regularly, to meet or exceed annual business plan and fund governance requirements.
- Establish property management standards to deliver best in class service to clients.
- Co-ordinate and manage due diligence processes and service charge review for target acquisitions.
- Implement efficient onboarding process for new buildings
- Provide warm welcome for all new tenants
- Define service standards and KPIs, and track continuous improvement Management
• Standardise and automate processes and systems in line with ISO9001 standards
• Oversee consistent Fine Grain standards and specifications for use by property partners and clients, including: Tenant handbook , Property manager handbook, Reception and welcome protocols, Property management reporting template.
Hubspot service hub implementation – tracking service issues
- Update and optimise use of Yardi to streamline management and reporting
- Contribute to updating and improving data in Fine Grain’s GIS system Project management
- Manage asset enhancement and development projects to deliver project scope on time and on budget
- Manage selection of vendors, design and plan project administration, change management and delivery
- Ensure accurate and timely information is available for monthly and quarterly management reports
- Participate in business development, seeking opportunities to generate additional revenue, for example by: assisting in securing new leases, existing lease extensions or renewals, identifying potential acquisitions, identifying potential development or asset enhancement initiatives.
- From time to time, pitch the Fine Grain Property offering to new clients and investors through presentations or property tours.
• Participate in the development and implementation of corporate strategy
– 5-year and annual implementation plans
- Develop Property Management strategy for the portfolio in conjunction with the wider team
- Develop portfolio and asset by asset strategy on enhancing value in the properties through strategic management initiatives such as reducing costs and improving client service
- Complete quarterly reporting on performance against business plan/individual asset plans
- Present to the board on performance of assets and highlight issues as they arise