Assistant Property Manager HSE Midwest
Network Managers, Local Health Office Managers and Functional Areas or their designated officers. Within the Estates Function, work within team structures.
Purpose of the Post:
Oversee Assigned Duties in relation to Property Management.
- To co-ordinate and support the activities of the HSE Property Transaction Protocol and other relevant Statutory/HSE requirements.
- The Assistant Property Manager (Contract) is responsible for the satisfactory implementation and completion of his/her work assignments and projects and the provision of professional and timely advice. He/she will be required to supervise any staff assigned to him/her.
- To lead, develop, implement and monitor an Estate Management strategy for the HSE in conjunction with the Area’s current estate, planned National Development Plan acquisitions, the service plan and available resources.
- To develop and implement an Estate Management strategy.
- To provide property management and advisory services as appropriate in the management of the Health Service Executive – Mid Western Area estate properties.
- To lead the development of a Property Management function in the Area, within the framework of the National Health Strategy and the National Development Plan.
- To ensure property requirements are fully integrated with service provision and staffing levels.
- To ensure all cross-Care Group opportunities for property utilisation are maximised within the Area’s property.
- To plan future property requirements, based on demographics, the service plan, funding availability and projected staffing levels.
- To maximise available funding sources and develop the Area’s Public Private Partnership strategy for property funding.
- To develop appropriate guidelines/procedures for property rental and leases.
- To develop a suite of performance indicators to effectively monitor the implementation of the Area’s property strategy and effectiveness of the utilisation of the Area’s properties.
- To prepare annual and multi annual plans within the frameworks of the Corporate Strategy and Service Planning process.
- To manage the Area’s employee accommodation needs.
- To develop appropriate guidelines/procedures for property rentals and leases, to inspect leases and contracts, make appropriate recommendations and liaise with insurers.
- To anticipate and report on the revenue impact of planned property developments.
- To ensure that all property transactions conform to statutory requirements.
- To operate proactively concerning statutory requirements and corporate policies in the area of Health nd Safety at work.
- To liaise with other agencies as appropriate.
- To assess the physical infrastructure of the Board’s property portfolio including purpose, state of upkeep, capacity, suitability, space utilisation and security.
- To determine values of individual properties and develop effective procedures for property purchasing/disposal, including liaison with auctioneers.
- To maintain and keep and a property asset register, including appropriate records of the Area’s legal title to properties.
- To develop and maintain a property database including maps, drawings, contracts, etc.
- To manage conveyancing requirements in collaboration with the Area’s solicitors.
- To ensure that all newly acquired properties are included in the Area’s property register.
The Assistant Property Manager (Contract) is responsible for the satisfactory completion of his/her agreed programme. He/she supervises staff assigned to him/her. He/she does not have authority over local managers with whom he/she must closely work in carrying out his/her programme and must rely on persuasion through regular contact and good personal relationships to ensure the satisfactory carrying out much of the work for which he/she is responsible.
Role relevant to what type of surveyors
Quantity Surveyors, Commercial (Agent) Surveyors, Property Management & Facility Manager Surveyors, Building Surveyors, Project Management Surveyors, and Valuation Surveyors
Contact details for applicants