Assistant Property Surveyor, Limerick
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Qualifications, Essential Skills and Competencies:
a) At time of application, hold a recognised qualification in Chartered Surveying, Estate/Property Management or Property Valuation or Be a member of the Society of Chartered Surveyors in Ireland or the Institute of Auctioneers and Valuers of Ireland or Hold a qualification at least equivalent to one of the above and
b) Have significant satisfactory experience (including 3 year’s minimum post qualification experience) of the above disciplines including;
- Have wide experience of the commercial property market, property procurement options and demonstrate a high level of administrative capability and computer literacy.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Planning Acts, Regulations and Local Authority Development Plans as they relate to the zoning of lands and properties, and have the capability to prepare, or cause to be prepared, applications or submissions in relation to rezoning of lands and properties.
- Have a good working knowledge of the process of property acquisition and disposal including the legal and statutory obligations attaching to property transactions.
- Have a good working knowledge of current opportunities and trends in estate management, having the capability to advise on opportunities for maximising the potential of a diversified building stock.
- Be familiar with innovative approaches to estate portfolio management, development and enhancement, including, joint venture options, partnerships and equity release and
c) Possess a high standard of technical training, experience and the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and of administrative capacity) to enter on the discharge of the duties of the office.
d) Possess a full current valid driving license. Principal Duties and Responsibilities Duties:
- To assist and support the activities of the Groups Property Purchase and Management.
- The Property Executive is responsible for the satisfactory implementation and completion of his/her work assignments and projects and the provision of professional and timely advice.
- He/she will be required to supervise any staff assigned to him/her by the Senior Manager.
- To Assist in leading, developing, implementing and monitoring a Property Management strategy for the Organisation in conjunction with the current portfolio, planned developments and acquisitions, the service plan and available resources.
- To assist in the development and implementation of a Property Management strategy and local property plans in collaboration with other key personnel and advisors.
- To assist planning future property requirements, based on demographics, the service plan, funding availability and projected staffing levels.
- Maximising available funding sources and develop the Area’s Public Private Partnership strategy for property funding where deemed appropriate by the Organisation.
- Implementing and advising on appropriate guidelines/procedures for property rentals and leases, to inspect leases and contracts, make appropriate recommendations and liaise with insurers.
- To develop a suite of performance indicators to effectively monitor the implementation of the Area’s property strategy and effectiveness of the utilisation of properties.
- To prepare annual and multi annual plans within the frameworks of the Corporate Strategy and Service Planning process.
- To manage the Area’s employee accommodation need.
- To assess the physical infrastructure of the Organisation property portfolio including purpose, state of upkeep, capacity, suitability, space utilisation and security.
- To determine or obtain values of individual properties and develop effective procedures for property purchasing/disposal, including liaison with auctioneers.
- To maintain and keep a property asset register, including appropriate records of the Organisations legal title to properties.
- To develop and maintain a property database including maps, drawings, contracts, etc.
- To manage conveyance requirements in collaboration with the organisations solicitors and to liaise as appropriate with the organisation’s appointed legal agents on property matters.
- To ensure that all newly acquired properties are included in the HSE’s property register.
- The post is to be filled on a contract basis, for 12 months initially subject to performance and renewable at the discretion of the Employer.
- Employment may be terminated by one month’s notice on either side.
- Holiday entitlement is governed by the Holiday (Employees) Act, 1973.
- The person appointed will be required to reside convenient to his/her work.
- Travelling expenses are payable at the approved rates for any travelling necessarily performed in the discharge of his/her duties.
The person should demonstrate:
- Good Professional Knowledge and experience.
- Good interpersonal /communication skills generally, being a good communicator, both written and verbal.
- The person should be able to listen, influence and negotiate effectively and diplomatically in interpreting different requirements in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Strong analytical, numerical, literary, IT presentation and reporting skills.
- The ability to understand, interpret and analyse complex situations and information.
- Good organisation, management and decision-making skills while working under pressure.
- Team working and leadership capability.
- The drive, initiative and enthusiasm to carry out the duties of the post successfully.
- Commitment to providing a qualify service including an awareness and appreciation of the service user.
- Negotiation Leasehold
- Strategy Development
- Property Inspection
- Laptop, Travel, Allowance, Mobile Phone.