Building Services Coordinator
To deal with all aspects of Building Services. To provide a responsive, quality and efficient service to residents.
Repairs & Maintenance
1. Undertaking pre & post inspections of repair work and producing detailed and accurate reports.
2. Assess, diagnose, and provide advice on repairs.
3. Providing technical advice and specifications along with the procurement and management of contractors.
4. Instruction, supervision, and assessment of contractors.
5. Undertaking management of service contracts repairs and upgrades.
6. Inspecting and reporting on projects and producing detailed and accurate reports.
7. Supporting the Repairs Department on repairs advice, cost analysis and inspections.
8. Managing void refurbishment projects and preparing void specifications.
9. Assessing and dealing with the payment of contractor invoices.
10. Providing technical assistance to Property Services, Repairs, Housing and Development staff as required. Mechanical & Electrical
11. Provide technical guidance and specification on heating systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, drainage systems and other M&E Services as required.
12. Provide Building Services pre and post warranty advice on products.
13. Advise on labour cost, schedule of rates and other costs associated with M&E services.
14. Diagnose faults and recommend suitable repairs on M&E systems.
15. Manage M&E works programmes and costs. Planned & Cycling Maintenance
16. Procuring Service and Maintenance Contracts.
17. Undertaking pre and post inspections of properties and works.
18. Management of contracts including attending meetings, monitoring progress and performance, drafting reports.
19. Managing planned and cyclical maintenance programmes using a Building Asset Database. Contract Procurement & Management
20. Assisting with preparation of specifications, working drawings and contract documentation.
21. Assisting with preparation of documents for tender and advising on the appointment of contractors and procurement routes.
22. Assisting with preparation, implementation, and management of planned and cyclical maintenance programmes.
23. Assisting in the supervision of planned maintenance contracts and cost control.
24. Assist in the procurement of Contractors and Professionals alike.
25. Assisting with preparing cost estimates for projects, based on initial feasibility studies.
26. Liaise with Tenants and Contractors on the cyclical planned programme and quality control.
27. Management of service contract providers and inspection of work. Surveying
28. To undertake a range of duties including pre-acquisition surveys, stock condition surveys and snag lists. Providing comprehensive written reports for same.
29. Inspect and prepare reports on defects and other property condition issues.
30. Assisting in the designing/re-designing of buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
31. Undertaking Sustainable Energy Management programmes including Energy Audits, Funding Support Applications and Energy Improvement Programmes. Training
32. Request /attend training appropriate to your role. General
33. Undertaking assessments of utility fuel provision and negotiating new supply provisions.
34. Conducting all activities in a manner which is safe to yourself and others. To be aware and act in accordance with the Association’s Health and Safety Policy.
35. Contributing to the effective delivery of a Quality Service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
36. Complying with the requirements of Data Protection, Equal Opportunities and Equality legislation.
37. Assist with the procurement of consultants.
38. Participating on forums/working groups/committees as required.
39. Liaising with Managing Agents / Companies in relation to the areas of their responsibility such as Fire Safety, Emergency lighting, lifts, common services and general repairs, service maintenance and cleaning of the areas under their control.
40. Liaison with Housing Management on all aspects affecting tenants.
41. Dealing with insurance claims, liaising with insurers, loss assessors and loss adjustors on behalf of the Association.
42. Assisting the Property Services Manager, Directors and the Chief Executive of the Association with the compilation of stats, reports and data as required.
43. To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Tuath’s and your own health and safety obligations.
44. To positively promote the Association in all activities.
45. To exercise discretion in all aspects of the role.
46. Offer technical advice to other staff.
47. Any other duties which are consistent with your role.
This job description is not definitive or restrictive and will be subject to periodic review as deemed necessary and / or in the light of job-related developments.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]1. A time-served operative in heating (gas / oil) / plumbing / ventilation or electrics OR a 3rd level qualification in a Building Services related subject (heating, ventilation / electrics), with subsequent supervisor, fault diagnosis experience in residential building services (apartments schemes an advantage)
2. Experience in a similar working environment.
3. Experience of surveying, repairs & maintenance.
4. Understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
5. Computer literacy with experience that includes word processing, excel, spreadsheets, presentation packages, e-mail, electronic schedulers, and internet.
6. Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
7. Possess good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to compose letters, memos and reports
8. Ability to be self-motivated and work on own initiative and also be part of a team
9. The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
10. The ability to deal with problems/enquires in a diplomatic and sensitive manner
11. A high level of organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
12. Possess commitment to deliver a high-quality customer focused service
13. Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions
14. Full, clean driving licence and daily use of car. Where prevented from this due to a disability the candidate must be able to demonstrate how they will meet the mobility requirements of the post Tuath reserves the right to enhance these criteria, in line with the employee specification, to facilitate short-listing
Contact details for applicants: