Building Services Engineer with Project Management Experience (Associate Director)
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Aramark Building Consultancy has a position for an experienced building services engineer with a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
Working within a collaborative building consultancy team of building surveyors, service engineers, project managers and designers you will be employed at associate director level responsible for growing your team and reporting to the head of building consultancy.
The role requires involvement in all areas of building consultancy work, including mechanical and electrical design, project management and energy management.
You must have experience in the preparation of all necessary mechanical and electrical design drawings, pricing documents and contract documents to successfully bring refurbishment and fit-out projects from inception to completion and handover. The candidate will also be required to undertake building surveys of the mechanical and electrical systems for condition reports, PPM and dilapidation surveys. The candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working as part of a team.
- Provide services reporting and recommendations for pre-acquisition reports, planned preventative maintenance and sinking fund reports and defect analysis reports
- Contribute to preparing and negotiating dilapidations claims and responses on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Contributing and providing consultancy for landlord approvals to tenant alterations
- Support the project team(s) in the integration and delivery of building services systems into projects
- Produce and review mechanical and electrical design specifications documentation against industry standards and specifications
- Liaise with utility companies to ensure their infrastructural and interface requirements are understood, communicated, and adhered to
- Project management, including design and cost consultancy
- Experience of energy assessment procedures such as DEAP, NEAP & BREEAM/LEAD
- Experience of energy assessment auditing such as ASHRAE and SEAI energy auditing
The person will report to the head of building consultancy and will be given plenty of scope to grow their team and their selves professionally and personally.
As part of this opportunity, you will be expected to have the following attributes:
- Third level degree in Building Services / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or related degree
- Be Chartered with Engineers Ireland or be professionally registered at an equivalent level with an appropriate professional body
- A proven track record, with a minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience. At least 5 years of that from within a consultancy environment
- A strong focus on clients, team building, and time and resource management. Be commercially aware
- Innovative and dynamic approach to work and personal development
- The capacity to provide effective leadership in a complex and changing regulatory and operating environment
- Experience working on a range of projects across various sectors including commercial office, mixed developments, retail and industrial sectors.
- Proficiency in Contract Management reviewing and auditing contract documents, technical specifications, and operational procedures
- In depth knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards
- A good knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Be competent in the use of AutoCAD, MS Office, Smartsheets, Dialux, BIM/ Revit experience an advantage
- Be a strong team leader with ability to work in a team environment and on your own initiative
The Aramark building consultancy team comprises professional disciplines of building surveying, project management, mechanical & electrical services and architecture and design. Our building consultancy is dedicated to providing consultancy services for both in-house and external clients, across the commercial, financial, residential, industrial and retail sectors, both public and private. Building consultancy also work closely with various divisions of Aramark Northern Europe, to provide consultancy services to their food, facilities management, property services, and retail clients, as part of a holistic Aramark network.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]