Building Surveyor (Dublin)
GetHouseSurvey.ie is hiring a Building Surveyor to join our team. The successful candidate will conduct Pre-Purchase Building Surveys throughout Leinster with a focus on Dublin and surrounding counties. About GetHouseSurvey.ie Get House Survey was founded in 2018 with the goal of removing some of the stress and complexity out of finding a surveyor. Our founders Eoin and Noel had both recently gone through the house buying process and both experienced different challenges facing home buyers. Using their experience in tech, they built a platform and system which would make life easier for buyers and partnered with some of the best surveyors in the country. Since then, the multiple award winning company has steadily grown to become one of the largest surveyors in the country and offer nationwide coverage. As we continue to grow and expand, we are now hiring an additional Building Surveyor to join our team.
Role & and Responsibilities
You will be travelling throughout Dublin and surrounding counties conducting Building Surveys on residential properties.
You will conduct 8-10 surveys per week and have control over your own schedule. This is much fewer surveys than other companies and is to ensure you have sufficient time to conduct the survey and write the final report and handle follow up queries without being rushed and will ensure you are able to comfortably complete your working week within contracted hours to make sure your evenings and weekends are your own!
You will be expected to deliver to our SLAs and responsible for answering the customer’s queries on the reports you’ve produced. This involves the usual queries from banks and solicitors.
Our main focus is enabling the customer to buy with confidence. Because of this, the surveys you conduct will be the highest standard in the country. We don’t do the bare minimum and always put in the extra effort to ensure the customer has what they need.
Salary and benefits
- €60k base package
- Up to 15% annual bonus
- Laptop, iPad
- Custom iPad App to record survey information and prepare reports
- High spec equipment (or your own equipment of choice)
- Mileage & Expenses
- Annual Professional Membership Fees up to €1k
- Manage your own hours and schedule
- Work from home when writing up surveys or other admin – only required to attend our office in The Edge, Avonmore Road, Dublin 24, 1-2 times per month. Although there is a desk with your name on it if you prefer to work from here!
- 20 Days Annual Leave +1 additional day for every 2 years of service
- The successful candidate must be a qualified Building Surveyor and registered with SCSI.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience on residential properties
- High appreciation of professional and project based building surveying matters.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding of the house buying journey and the challenges faced by our customers. You’re a front line representative for our company and brand and so being able to empathise with the customer experience is vital!
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues where necessary.
- Organise and prioritise tasks so that they are completed within an agreed time frame.
- Provide concise and clear written communication.
- Understand the local and wider property market.
- Able to plan and manage own workload.
- Computer literate – nothing too complex, emails, website navigation, sending files etc.
- A full clean driving licence and access to their own vehicle
We know joining a new company can be challenging so we will do our best to make you feel one of the team! As part of the induction process we will ensure you are trained on our custom surveying app as well as assigning one of our more senior members of the team to you as a mentor that you can shadow and train with during your induction. We will also give you a nice bag of company swag so you feel part of the team!
Please email your CV and short cover note with any relevant information/background to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll then be in touch within a few hours!