Chartered Associate Director
GVA Donal O Buachalla
GVA Donal O Buachalla is one of Ireland’s leading independent firms of property advisors and chartered surveyors, with a strong reputation for providing expert property advice, since 1954. Through the Avison Young/GVA Worldwide network of affiliates, GVA Donal O Buachalla is represented in 21 countries, 128 market locations and features nearly 6,000 worldwide personnel. We provide national and international clients with advice on all aspects of their property through our multi-disciplinary teams based in Dublin and Belfast.
The core principles of our business are integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and in-depth industry knowledge. We establish our clients’ needs and thereafter we proactively provide solutions through a partnership approach as advisors and problem-solvers. The candidate will work within a dynamic and expanding Professional Services team to produce valuation reports, provide strategic valuation/consultancy advice and carry out appraisals on a variety of assets on a countrywide basis. In addition, the successful candidate will act on behalf of clients in relation to landlord and tenant cases such as lease renewals and rent reviews.
- 6+ years’ work experience in the commercial property sector.
- Chartered Surveyor (SCSI / RICS)
- Personal drive, determination and willingness to challenge oneself to become a market leading professional services practitioner.
- Hard working dynamic team member with the ability to work with one’s own initiative and as a member of a team with a specific role aimed at reaching a single goal.
- Excellent verbal communication and good report writing skills is a must.
- Technically competent and organised with a thorough knowledge and appreciation of key issues influencing the market.
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise work to achieve work goals and tight timescales.
- Pro-active nature with a desire to improve the team and practices daily.
- Practical experience of undertaking valuation appraisals and landlord and tenant instructions.
- A strong understanding (or a willingness to undertake training to become proficient) of Argus Enterprise, & Developer, KEL and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly pro-active and ambitious with a desire to provide the best professional services advice and service in the Irish market.
- Interfacing directly with clients and business development as a core responsibility.
- A full valid driver’s license and use of own car is essential.