This position is for an aviation project in Ireland. Bechtel will be working in an integrated team with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Plan of circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client.
The Cost Engineer is responsible for ensuring effective management and control of spend. In doing so, the Cost Engineer will provide cost management and cost advice to the Claims, Contract Management and Project Management teams, ensuring that the Client achieves the project’s budgetary goals and objectives. The Cost Engineer will review measurement of designs and on-site works completed, develop the schedule of rates or Bill of Quantities, provide their assessment of on and off site materials, monthly payment certificates and package final accounts.
- Support the development of the process, procedures and policies for the Client’s cost control standards, ensuring those standards take account of industry standards and any contractual terms and conditions.
- Implement the cost management processes and procedures across the project.
- Develop and maintain a detailed resourcing plan for the delivery of cost management on the project.
- Be responsible for reporting on the cost performance of projects.
- Reviewing the proposed contractor
- Indicators for cost, spend and budget management.
- Oversee the management of variations, monthly cashflow forecasting and any amendments / variances, retention, liquidated damages, claims etc.
- Provide a route to escalation for cost control, as required.
- Ensure that the Client achieves optimum value for money in the procurement and delivery of the programme.
- Review the schedule of rates or Bill of Quantities prepared by the cost consultants for the purpose of preparing a pre-tender estimate (budget) against the designs.
- Monitor, measure and evaluate the cost performance of the projects with respect to onsite progress and disclose variations and changes to the contract in liaison with the project’s teams.
- Periodically quantify work done, evaluate additional work and keep records for materials wastage and contra-charges to subcontractor.
- Review and accept cost consultant final account recommendations and support the final account negotiations.
- Experience 7+ years’ experience, ideally with 3+ years within the aviation or transport infrastructure industry.
- Strong experience of delivering technically complex and high value infrastructure projects.
- Experience of working within various consultancy, client and contractor organizations.
- Experience in implementing policies and procedures.
- Pre and Post Contract
- Ability to work within and drive a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficient in all MS Office packages.
- Working knowledge of Estimating packages, such as Cost X.
- Working knowledge of Primavera Unifer.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness including monitoring and co-ordination of budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong analytical ability.
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience of managing internal resources including mentoring of more junior staff members.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications:
Third party level qualification at degree level or above, ideally in Quantity Surveying or related discipline Chartered status with RICS, CIOB, RIBA, ICE or other equivalent institution.
Contact details for applicants:
T: +44 207 6517610[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]