Director, Head of Professional Services
Sherry FitzGerald Commercial is a growing division within the Sherry FitzGerald Group. As part of our growth strategy, we are seeking to recruit a Director, Head of Professional Services. This position will be instrumental in the overall Commercial business strategy which includes Valuations, Agency, Advisory, New Homes, Asset Management and Professional Services. This is a very important growth area for the Group and a highly motivated and strategic hire will be integral in the delivery of our ambitions to re-establish a leading position in the Commercial property market in Ireland.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a long-term strategy for professional services to include commercial valuations, L&T, ratings and CPOs that grows turnover, achieves business goals, KPIs and targets.
- Lead and oversee the valuations team.
- Build alignment and commitment across the team with a focus on delivering the business strategy.
- Win business for the company, improving the depth and quality of the fee base, while proactively managing client relationships and business development activities.
- Oversee and prepare tenders and proposals for professional services and input into broader tenders for property services which may include valuations and other professional services.
- Negotiating project fees and terms of engagements.
- Prepare and oversee valuation assignments to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with regulations, and updating the teams valuation processes for any regulatory changes.
- Driving efficiencies and quality in the company’s approach to valuation reports, keeping the inputs and processes under review.
- Maintain excellent relationships with clients, acting as main liaison on specific projects.
- Manage current clients and contacts and seek to build on this client base.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with the broader commercial, new homes, residential, financial services and franchise businesses to identify synergies and business development opportunities.
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of employees, leveraging strengths, motivating, empowering, and supporting the team through effective communication, recognition and personal development.
- Input into reviews of expertise and resources to ensure that the team is resourced with the right experience and capacity to meet clients needs and to capitalise on market opportunities.
- People development is a key area for this new role and engagement with the SCSI/RICS would be essential.
- Embrace new technologies and lead change initiatives, ensuring performance improvements are realised.
- Actively develop new business opportunities through relationships, networking and marketing activities to enhance our brand and reputation.
- Support the enhancement of the Sherry FitzGerald Commercial brand through strong presence in the marketplace and across the industry, as well as with professional bodies and other institutions.
- Actively embrace the Customer Insights process and the feedback from clients and implementing any necessary changes.
- Champion the Company Values always and encourage others to live the values, give feedback and recognise others’ contributions, share learnings and innovations.
- Sherry FitzGerald is an equal opportunity employer.
- All job applicants are considered solely on their ability to do the job and selection criteria will firmly reflect the needs of the job.
Role requirements and capabilities
- Proven track record in leading a department or division.
- Chartered member of the SCSI / RICS and registered valuer with a minimum of 8 -10+ years’ post qualified experience.
- Additional expertise in L&T, CPO, ratings and arbitration would be an advantage.
- Strong record of winning significant business mandates.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Proven ability to nurture and maintain strong client relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, presentation, and influencing in individual, group, and virtual settings.
Contact details for applicants
+353 87 392 8494