Education Development Specialist
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Job Title: Education Development Specialist
Reports To: Deputy Director of Education
Term: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Hours: Normal hours of work will be Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.30 pm.
Location: 38 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
You may be required to work off-site.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Reporting to the Deputy Director of Education, the Education Development Specialist will operate within
the Education Department of the SCSI in a team environment working to achieve the overall
educational objectives of the society and support the educational needs of the membership.
- Coordinate education focused development projects, liaising with all parties involved e.g.
subject matter experts, facilitators, lecturers and other relevant stakeholders etc.
- Manage key relationships with all stakeholders to ensure that all education, training and assessment standards and delivery schedules are met and a positive experience for attendees is achieved.
- Support the development of educational supports and services (e.g. lecture content, study
guides, assessment briefs, microlearning activities, LMS support etc.) to ensure that all materials
are user-friendly and comprehensive for all learners.
- Apply quality assurance standards to ensure all programmes and assessments meet professional
body, academic, industry and National Qualifications Framework requirements.
- Adopt a lead role in the delivery and logistics of all education training offerings for both online
and face to face delivery modes.
- Keep up-to-date with industry and academic developments and standards to ensure the quality
of the education offering is current and relevant to industry needs.
- Support the collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the education
offering consistently satisfies the needs of the professional body membership.
- Support the marketing and promotion of education programmes including delivering
presentations and attendance at career events e.g. Higher Options and accredited college career
- Support the promotion of SCSI Membership through education and training initiatives.
- Ensure quality of work is consistent with the overall quality and standard of the organisation,
continuously striving to push the boundaries of excellence.
- Any other duties, as required by the Deputy Director of Education and the Director of Education
Experience & Competencies
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]This is a position of responsibility, with opportunities to develop the role and the successful candidate will have opportunities to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, IT skills and demonstrated experience
with learning management systems and video conferencing software.
Demonstrate excellent planning, organisation, time management, attention to detail,
administration skills and a strong knowledge of MS office software.
Be organised, self-motivated and show initiative.
Be personable, have an ability to interact well with people and demonstrate a strong member
focus and a willingness to learn.
Possess a minimum of two years’ experience in a professional body, education or training
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics desirable but not essential.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
For queries in relation to the role, please contact Joanne.Murray@osborne.ie
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and a CV sent to Joanne.Murray@osborne.ie
The SCSI is an equal opportunities employer.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]