Education & Training Coordinator
The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland (SCSI) is the leading professional body for construction, land and property professionals in Ireland and is committed to enhancing, advancing, and enforcing professional standards in the construction, property, and land sectors.
Chartered Surveyors are highly trained and experienced professionals usually specialising in areas such as Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Project Management, Planning and Development, Land Surveying, Residential and Commercial Property Agency, Valuation and Property and Facilities Management.
The Education Department oversees the educational requirements of Chartered Surveyors throughout all stages of their career. The Education Department also provides a growing schedule of bespoke corporate training programmes to meet the changing needs of the surveying profession.
The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland is seeking an Education & Training Co-Ordinator to join a committed and supportive team that provides an integral role in supporting and influencing education related services to the membership. The successful candidate will be supported in their development, including training opportunities to advance their skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Deputy Director of Education, the Education & Training Co-Ordinator will operate
within the Education Department of the SCSI in a team environment working to achieve the overall
educational objectives of the society and support the educational needs of the membership.
- Coordinate education focused development projects including training, apprenticeships and
other projects, liaising with all parties involved e.g. subject matter experts, facilitators, lecturers,
and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage key relationships with all stakeholders to ensure that all education, training and
assessment standards and delivery schedules are met and a positive experience for attendees is
- Support the development of educational supports and services (e.g. lecture content, study
guides, assessment briefs, microlearning activities, LMS support etc.) to ensure that all materials
are user-friendly and comprehensive for all learners.
- Apply quality assurance standards to ensure all programmes and assessments meet professional
body, academic, industry and National Qualifications Framework requirements.
- Adopt a lead role in the delivery and logistics of all education training offerings for both online
and face to face delivery modes.
- Keep up to date with industry and academic developments and standards to ensure the quality
of the education offering is current and relevant to industry needs.
- Support the collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the education
offering consistently satisfies the needs of the professional body membership.
- Support the marketing and promotion of education programmes including delivering
presentations and attendance at career events e.g. Higher Options and accredited college career
- Support the promotion of SCSI Membership through education and training initiatives.
- Ensure quality of work is consistent with the overall quality and standard of the organisation,
continuously striving to push the boundaries of excellence.
- Any other duties, as required by the Deputy Director of Education and the Director of Education
Experience & Competencies:
This is a position of responsibility, with opportunities to develop the role and the successful candidate
will have opportunities to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, IT skills and demonstrated experience
with learning management systems and video conferencing software.
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organisation, time management, attention to detail,
administration skills and a strong knowledge of MS office software.
- Be organised, self-motivated and show initiative.
- Be personable, have an ability to interact well with people and demonstrate a strong member
focus and a willingness to learn.
- Possess relevant experience in a professional body, education, or training administration role.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Moodle desirable but not essential.