Head Of Building Services
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Principle Objective :
Reporting to the Head of Property, the Head of Building Services will be responsible for providing in-house professional surveying, design & project management services to Group companies, whilst also liaising & supporting the facility management team with planned maintenance and major repairs.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Membership of SCSI, RICS, CIOB or other equivalent qualification is desirable.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills & knowledge of Autocad is essential
• Strong organisational & administration ability is also essential
• Knowledge and experience of contract forms & tendering, contract administration & the construction process.
• Ability to schedule and monitor work on a range of large & small projects, and being able to bring these from inception through to completion.
• Advise colleagues around repair, maintenance & facility management services.
• Negotiate costs & external professional fees, track expenditure, produce regular progress reports
• Good understanding of Facilities Management requirements and compliance standards
• Ability to work on own initiative though with the mutual support of your Property team colleagues.
Key Responsibilities :
• Cross functional collaboration with the retail & trade Operations teams to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
• Prepare & implement action plans through allocating resources, timeframes and budgets
• Delegate and work with direct reports
• Prepare detailed procurement enquiry & tender documents
• Coordination and supervision of contractors as appropriate
• Liaise with other Property team members to ensure statutory compliance with current Planning, Building Control/BCAR and Health & Safety regulations.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Essential Competencies :
• Have the ability to develop and maintain trusting & open collaborative relationships with Colleagues.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Be adaptable & flexible to cope with an evolving role
• Have creative & independent ideas
• Be innovative and forward thinking
• Bring a positive and enthusiastic approach to the role
• Be tactful, trustworthy and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Contact details for applicants: