Junior Building Surveyor
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Due to an expanding pipeline of work, we are seeking a junior Building Surveyor/Project Manager to join our Building Consultancy team. This role will involve working as part of a small, but growing, busy Building Consultancy team, as part of a wider global property agency network. The role will involve a mix of core commercial Building Surveying, alongside Project Management/Contract Administration/Client Representative work on Office/Commercial fit-out and refurbishments, for a superb range of high-profile and institutional clients.
The successful candidate will work alongside and in conjunction with the in-house building consultancy team, property managers and agency colleagues. Additionally, the candidate will work with external design teams to manage the design, tendering and construction processes.
- Undertaking a varied range of building surveys and reporting, such as condition surveys, building investment fund surveys, technical due diligence and defects analysis inspections.
- Landlord and tenant instructions, including the preparation and negotiation of Schedules of Dilapidations, and provision of Dilapidations & Lease advice for both Landlords and Tenants.
- Preparation of, or co-ordination of Landlord Approval processes and associated Tenant fit-out process, on behalf of both Landlords and Tenants.
- Work with clients to understand their occupational requirements, for example, space planning, feasibility advice, due diligence inspections to assist in preparation of designs/fit-out proposals.
- Interest and/or experience in sustainable building design and specification.
- Preparation of Schedules of Work, tender documents and assisting in pre-construction stage works, along with assisting with project management duties, including co-ordinating Design teams and Construction teams on behalf of clients so projects remain on programme and in line with agreed budgets.
- Appropriate Third Level Degree or equivalent qualification
- Full driving licence is required
- Efficient IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with AutoCAD is desirable but not essential
- Team player and have a positive work attitude
- Efficient and capable of working on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Role relevant to what type of surveyors
Contact details for applicants
For queries in relation to the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications for this role should include a cover letter and a CV submitted via our Careers page: https://jobs.knightfrank.com/[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]