Land Negotiations Agent (Galway)
MKO is seeking to recruit a full-time Land Negotiations Agent to join the company’s Land Solutions team. The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging and liaising with landowners to successfully negotiate development and land access agreements.
MKO is the market leader and is at the cutting edge of the renewable energy and commercial development sectors in Ireland for well over a decade. The projects we work on require land, and our Land Solutions team negotiate and secure agreements with landowners to assemble the sites required for our client’s projects. The MKO Land Solutions team is well-established in the marketplace, working for many leading renewable energy developers.
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of projects across the commercial development and renewable energy sectors. They will be personable, trustworthy and highly organised, but above all, have a proven track record of successfully negotiating and concluding agreements with landowners.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Engaging with landowners to secure land agreements;
- Building relationships with landowners and remaining available as a point of contact through to the successful completion of agreements;
- Instructing solicitors to prepare legal agreements for landowners, and helping landowners understand the requirements of the legal documents to ensure the negotiations can be successfully concluded;
- Explaining often technical, legal and commercial matters in a clear, non-technical manner that landowners can relate to; and
- Documenting interactions with landowners, and reporting of those details to project clients and Land Solutions team colleagues.
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate:
- A third-level qualification in a relevant discipline (eg property, renewables, project management, business or environmental);
- More than five years professional work experience in a property, renewable energy, agriculture, forestry or project management role, or related discipline;
- A proven track record of initiating contact with and successfully concluding agreements with landowners, while documenting and communicating progress along the way;
- An ability to work independently and use their own initiative to keep progressing the landowner negotiations to a successful conclusion; and
- A proficiency in key IT skills, including the MS Office suite of software.
MKO appreciate the value of hybrid working arrangements. The Land Negotiations Agent primary place of work can be the MKO office in Galway or Dublin, but their regular presence in MKO Galway head office will be required. The role will require frequent travel nationwide, wherever land agreements have to be secured for the projects we work on.
An attractive salary and remuneration package will be offered and tailored to the successful candidate, and will be commensurate with their experience and track record in similar roles.
Role relevant to what type of surveyors
Commercial (Agent) Surveyors, Residential (Agent) Surveyors, Planning & Develop Surveyors, Project Management Surveyors, and Valuation Surveyors
Contact details for applicants
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up-to-date curriculum vitae and cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website – https://mkoireland.ie/[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]