[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Support Land & Habitats Business Unit in the delivery of the Rehabilitation and Decommissioning project, NPWS contracted professional services project, and other projects as required.
• Deliver efficient and cost-effective professional land and engineering survey services for operations, projects and business development to Bord na Mona Land & Habitats Business Unit and functions to ensure the availability of accurate information to enable high quality decision making and assist cost efficient operations.
• Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to define and achieve survey service goals.
• Ensure sufficient timely and appropriate information and advice is exchanged with customers and contractors to achieve project delivery.
• Capture, analyse and interpret datasets including topographical survey data to assist Bord na Mona Engineering with regard to the cost-effective planning and efficient design of projects.
• Capture, analyse and interpret topographical survey data to assist Bord na Mona Engineering and Land & Habitats Business Unit Operations Management with regard to the cost-effective planning and design of peat rehabilitation and associated drainage management and silt control.
• Assess qualities of peat deposits according to the Von Post Field Test and interpret results to determine suitability of peat to assist the Energy Business Unit in developing restoration plans and to fulfil Bord na Mona’s contracted requirements to NPWS.
• Support Ecology Department in the implementation of bog rehabilitation and restoration plans with regard to the design and construction management of bog rehabilitation works.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
• NFQ Level 8 degree in Geomatics or similar approved qualification
• 3 years’ relevant experience in Land & Engineering Surveying
• Membership of SCSI or RICS would be an advantage
• Proficient in knowledge and use of surveying instruments including survey grade GPS, total stations (conventional and robotic), theodolites, levels (precise and digital), laser devices and the checking, adjustment, and calibration of same
• Proficient in digital processing and manipulation of survey data, preparation, and presentation of AutoCAD drawings
• Knowledge and understanding of GIS systems and the ability to translate survey data both from and into GIS systems
• Knowledge and understanding of various forms of property ownership and title within the state
• Knowledge and understanding of environmental licencing and health and safety legislation
• Knowledge and understanding of development and construction methodologies for peatlands restoration/rehabilitation, IPC / IPPC licences and peat classification according to the Von Post Scale would be a distinct advantage.
• A full clean driving licence is required for the role
Contact details for applicants: Link to apply is: https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/
HR Contact for this role is: Katie McCormack firstname.lastname@example.org 0873885462[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]