Letting Property Manager
The Land Development Agency (LDA) is a key Government Commercial Semi-State Body that delivers social and affordable housing on State and other lands. It is overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with €1.25 billion of equity which is drawn as required. The LDA has commenced construction on various state sourced lands and is currently working on direct delivery projects that can deliver over 5,000 homes. It is also delivering affordable housing by working with the private sector on an initiative called ‘Project Tosaigh’, which will yield a further 5,000 homes. Additionally, the LDA is working on large-scale longer-term strategic areas by master-planning and bringing forward planning applications in locations such as Limerick Colbert Quarter, the Digital Hub in Dublin and Sandy Road in Galway.
This is a new role and will offer the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work on a wide range of transformative residential rental projects across the country initially through the management of Cost Rental leases and subsequently through contributions across the development life cycle.
The ideal candidate will have all necessary technical and commercial acumen required to successfully rent and manage residential property, but importantly will need to be a team player with the drive, work ethic and adaptability to respond to the exciting challenges of the LDA mandate.
- Management of Letting and Property matters relating to a portfolio of Cost Rental tenancies.
- Directing and working closely with the external property/letting management agents and/or internal teams as applicable.
- Implement agreed letting terms with property management/letting services suppliers and managing their performance to agreed metrics including absorption rates, occupancy, voids, and arrears.
- Overseeing the management of the tenant relationship ensuring queries or requests are resolved in a timely manner. This includes the development of site specific tenancy handbooks and utilisation of development of tenant engagement strategy.
- Management of all aspects of rent collection, unit/block/site property management and administration of insurance and management of risk.
- Oversee all inspections (periodic and tenancy related) of properties and liaising with and directing property manager and maintenance contractors, seeking competitive quotes for works in compliance with LDA procurement guidelines.
- Management of planned preventative maintenance, maintenance contracts, schedules, site safety files, health, and safety reports etc
- Overseeing and administering paperwork and processes related to cost rental lettings including maintaining tenancy schedules and service provider database as well as asset management inventories.
- Liaising with Accounts Team to ensure efficient running of operations. Includes supporting the production of monthly and annual accounts, reviewing invoices for payment each month and actively investigate cost reduction opportunities
- Preparing weekly/monthly reports for internal meetings and project reviews.
- Assisting colleagues in reviewing plans for new rental developments preparing analysis and advising on estimated rents and operational costs for the proposed buildings.
- Working with internal teams to implement new property management systems to collect, store and analyse all property information for compliance and decision support purposes.
- Ensure portfolio and external contractors comply with applicable, legislation, regulation, and best practice in the delivery of their services.
- Proactively Develop management and leadership skills to ensure career development
- Other duties as may be required based on the evolving operational requirements of the LDA.
- Have minimum 3 years of direct residential tenancy management experience.
- Must have PSRA licence ‘C’ as a prerequisite and have property-related educational qualification.
- SCSIS membership desired with pathway identified to Chartered Status.
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and external)
- Strong knowledge of the residential letting sector as well as landlord and tenant legislation, RTB regulations and statutory property obligations
- Knowledge of public procurement a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and experience in OMC Block Management a distinct advantage
- Must have own car and full, clean driving license.
- Solutions and results focused
- Strong commercial awareness and sound professional judgement
- Excellent attention to detail is required and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience of other property related IT systems desired.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal in both day-to-day work as well as formal briefings.
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable. Capable of managing multiple sites via external suppliers or internal team.
Role relevant to what type of surveyors
Commercial (Agent) Surveyors, Residential (Agent) Surveyors, Property Management & Facility Manager Surveyors, Project Management Surveyors, and Valuation Surveyors Contact details for applicants
Visit the LDA careers page
Closing date for applications Monday 29nd May 2023.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.