National Property Manager
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Facilities sub-area in Business Services is responsible for obtaining and maintaining Irish Water’s Head Quarters and Regional offices, including activities such as: security, reception services, spatial planning, fleet management, cleaning and building maintenance. Facilities will provide these services across Irish Water, ensuring a consistent and effective facilities service is provided.
The Capital Investment team will be responsible for the development and oversight of major and minor building capital projects across Irish Water. They will also be responsible for managing fleet vehicles nationally.
Reporting to the Facilities Capital Investments Manager, the National Property Manager has responsibility for ensuring the property needs of Irish Water are met. This includes the acquisition or leasing of new buildings, managing the lease arrangements in place for the property portfolio, providing property advice to the organisation and managing the rates requirements for Irish Water. The purpose of this role is to deliver a highly effective and efficient property management service to Irish Water. The role requires the successful delivery of the current and future property portfolio and rates management (expected spend c€50M annually).
It is also a requirement of the role to work closely with the relevant project teams to deliver strategically important projects such as theUisce Eireann Transformation programme, National Laboratories, NOMC, Capital Delivery Offices, and National Storage and Depots as part of the transformation of the water services industry in Ireland over the coming years. The National Property Manager will be accountable and responsible for the delivery of the property portfolio in strict compliance with the Irish Water polices and governance requirements. The role will provide a source of industry recognised documentation, guidance and metrics for the delivery of the property portfolio to a highly efficient standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit and manage dedicated National Property Team (comprising both internal and outsourced resources) to deliver a quality service
• Manage the Irish Water portfolio of properties (leasing, rent reviews, landlord management, etc), for commercial offices, laboratories, depots, stores, residential, property, etc on a proactive basis and including administration requirements, rent, insurance & service charge payments, maintaining property schedules.
• Meeting the property needs of the business through securing of new facilities (either leasing or acquiring new buildings) including the expansion of the portfolio to meet the requirements of the Uisce Eireann Transformation Programme.
• Providing strategic advice,compiling stragies and reporting to senior management.
• Manage the Irish Water property policies and develop new policies to align with the business needs.
• Manage the annual Property OPEX budgets for the various business areas.
• Preparation and presentation of papers at Investment approval committees for approval of spend and contract authorisation
• Managing and maintaining company Property Register including liaison with valuers, property project manager and legal advisors
• Manage the procurement arrangement of all property (both purchase and disposal)
• Develop and manage new Property Management Software System as required to assist with consolidation of property management functions centrally into Facilities
• Manage the National Property Framework Contract and hold regular review and KPI meetings
• Track and report monthly on property & accommodation performance
• Ensuring effective facilities capacity planning based on forecasted business trends
• Analysing and actioning land title registry issues
• Preparing schedules and oversee the works in association with professional advisors, reporting on progress, and liaising with business managers to ensure that milestones are met
• Ensuring all governance and compliance protocols are maintained
• Monitor and ensure compliance with statutory and legislative requirements in respect of health and safety, the environment, building and workplace regulations
• Managing and Co-ordinating the Rates/Global Valuation of the Irish Water Network and assets liaising with the business areas, internal stakeholders, finance, valuations office and external advisors to ensure a satisfactory outcome for the business.
• Manage the rates payment to the various local authorities on an annual basis and preparation of annual approval paper.
• Complete an Annual Property Report for Irish Water
• Liaise with Company Secretariat in relation to annual compliance with Codes of Practice and completing annual compliance updates.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Senior Business Managers within Irish Water to ensure successful property management services
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Facilities/Property/Estate Management degree or holder of an SCSI accredited property degree or relevant qualification
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience managing a property portfolio
• Knowledge of property market and transactions incl. freehold and leasehold acquisitions.
• Experience in financial management & budgeting, lease management and strategy development.
• Knowledge of Property law (landlord & Tenant), Health & Safety legislation, etc.
• Strong communication, report writing and document preparation skills
• Previous experience with initiating and maintaining strategic relationships both internally and externally, using strong influencing skills to achieve business goals
• Ability to work both independently and as a co-ordinated part of a team and strong ability to pursue issues to closure on own initiative Role relevant to what type of surveyors
Commercial (Agent) Surveyors, Property Management & Facility Manager Surveyors, and Valuation Surveyors Contact details for applicants