This position is for an aviation project in Ireland. Bechtel will be working in an integrated team with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Plan of circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client.
- The Programme Controls Lead is responsible for monitoring and reporting on all aspects of the performance of the Programme of works including schedule, cost, reporting and risk.
- The candidate shall be responsible for developing sustainable programme controls processes.
- Provide best practice Project Controls expertise and service across the programme incorporating cost management, project scheduling, reporting and risk management.
- Develop and implement existing client procedures, tools and processes to allow for effective monitoring, reporting and control of all Project Control Functions.
- Ensure the right level of resources are maintained for optimum delivery.
- Assist with the development and implementation of training plans.
- Develop key objectives and the strategic direction of all Project Controls functions including processes, procedures, systems and resources.
- Chair Project Reviews and risk workshops to ensure that all major projects are being managed effectively from a cost, time and risk management perspective.
- Provide support, advice and expertise to the contracts and commercial team in relation to contentious claims and disputes that may arise on construction and consultancy contracts.
- Oversee the ongoing development and maintenance of an effective Change & Contingency
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Master Programme for all projects in the programme.
- Peer review business-critical project schedules so that timescales proposed are realistic and achievable.
- Oversee the development, maintenance and adoption of fit-for-purpose project risk registers across the programme.
- Take direct responsibility for the development of a schedule risk-adjusted budget for each financial year.
- Drive a positive, motivated culture within the scheduling team and ensure they are invested in managing and improving scheduling performance.