Project Coordinator (Construction)
The Project Coordinator works as part of the Construction team to project manage existing development sites and to further the expansion of Tuath via new development opportunities, with developers and Local Authorities. They attract, appraise and secure new opportunities to ensure that each potential project is financially viable, procurement compliant and in an area of housing need. They assist the Development Manager & Director in the delivery of the Development Programme for Tuath Housing and ultimately the Government’s Housing for All.
- To project manage development schemes from concept to completion. Working closely with design team consultants, contractors, solicitors, funders, local residents and Local Authorities.
- To identify and respond to new development opportunities, negotiating and ensuring they are commercially viable. Develop innovative construction opportunities to include social, cost rental and private rental options.
- To assist the Development Manager and Director in the preparation of tender submissions for housing projects.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders to further the expansion of the Association via new development opportunities, sites or Design & Build projects.
- Operate with good commercial and financial acumen and be both creative and responsive in the delivery of new housing solutions.
- Analyse the need for housing provision in partnership with Local Authorities and housing colleagues and prepare project appraisals to include surveys, briefs, valuations, economic investment appraisals, business cases etc.
- Manage the site identification and feasibility process and establish and utilise a site feasibility to mitigate risk.
- Negotiate, liaise and communicate effectively with all potential clients.
- To assist in the delivery of the Development Programme for Tuath Housing within agreed timescales, under the direction of the Development Manager.
- To assist in the information flow of material to Local Authorities, the DHPLG, Housing Agency, Consultants etc, and to keep concise and accurate records and ensure all project files comply fully with the Voluntary Regulation Code & are maintained to a standard fit for auditors examination.
- To provide suitable administrative support services for each scheme including attendance at site and design team meetings to represent the best interests of Tuath.
- To support the liaison with Housing Management, Finance & Technical Services regarding handovers.
- To appoint Consultants for feasibilities etc and Building Contractors.
- To assist the Development Manager to ensure all potential development proposals presented to the Association are recorded, actioned and submitted to the DHPLG and relevant Local Authority for · approval.
- To consult with local residents and tenants with regard to new housing projects.
- To liaise as appropriate with the Finance Manager and Finance Director on Development schemes.
- To submit funding applications to Local Authorities, DHPLG and relevant private finance providers ensuring they meet the defined criteria and timescale.
- Relevant Degree in Construction, Project Management on Construction projects, QS, Design, Housing or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar working environment.
- Experience of development, construction and property development.
- Understanding of social housing projects, Part V, Cost Rental.
- Computer literacy with experience that includes word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, e-mail, MS Teams, Sharepoint.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail and within deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Housing sector in Ireland and current Housing agenda.
- Willingness to learn new skills in negotiating, conflict management, programme management and financial modelling.
- At least one years’ experience in a similar environment in housing/ residential property.
- Excellent administrative skills and ability to produce Pivot Tables, spreadsheets, presentations, and memos.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Commitment to working in a customer-focused and solution-oriented manner.
- To participate on forums/working groups/committees as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
- Promote a culture which is supportive of excellent service delivery and meets Tuath Housing’s vision, mission, and values.
Contact details for applicants
Jack O’Byrne – firstname.lastname@example.org
33 Leeson Street Lower, Dublin 2, D02KD68