At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership.
About the job:
The position requires a strong Project Leader with a construction background who will ensure the Property Development Department facilitates the delivery of new property consistent with the objectives of the organisation. It is critical that the Property Development Manager can work closely with senior management, while consistently meeting the needs of key stakeholders both within and external to the business gaining valuable experience working on and helping to deliver projects across various organisational sectors. The Property Development Manager will be expected to lead their own projects across all aspects of the development process including options analysis, financial appraisals, presenting / reporting, planning applications, design development, project delivery, contract negotiations, construction delivery team management whilst liaising with senior management and service management teams.
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Smithfield, Dublin 7
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of Property
- Manage multiple projects at various stages, from inception /feasibility through planning, tender, contract, and construction stages.
- Strict adherence to agreed timelines and cost monitoring.
- Liaison with all property and finance team members to identify key milestones, critical dates, delays, and the impact on the critical path for individual projects.
- Production of progress and financial reports for and attendance at organisational and project meetings as required.
- Monitor quality standards to ensure works are specified and completed in compliance with legislative requirements, i.e. building regulations, fire safety, health and safety, etc.
- Ensure all developments are environmentally, economically and socially sustainable.
- Provide leadership to the Design Teams ensuring they work cohesively with a shared vision delivering Key Performance Indicators for the purposes of efficiency and accountability.
- Work as part of the Property team and participate in Property and wider cross-organisational leadership teams.
- Formulate organisational strategy, policies, annual scorecards, and budgets ensuring the mission and strategic goals of the organisation are achieved. Supporting organisational colleagues on property related activities as identified by the Head of Property.
- This role may vary depending on the requirements of the organisation.
- Effectively manage key relationships both internally and externally in a way that enhances the quality, sustainability, and reputation of Dublin Simon Community.
- Procurement, appointment, and management of the consultancy design teams for each project in line with public and organisational procurement requirements.
- Liaison with and reporting to Local Authority and Government Department agencies who will be the sponsoring agencies and sanctioning authorities for many of the Development Projects.
- Management of the design and delivery team project managers in reviewing the contractor’s construction programme, ensuring they are in line with workflow and cash flow requirements.
- Management of project handover from contractor to facilities team, to ensure completion of all works, testing and training of systems and the hand over of the safety file.