Property Development Manager
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Applegreen is seeking to recruit a Property Development Manager who can thrive in a scaling organisation and can drive and manage our development pipeline over the coming years.
This is a unique opportunity to lead end-to-end development projects in a large multi-national business. Working as part of a small dedicated team, the Property Development Manager will be expected to lead service area projects across all aspects of the development process including site identification, option analysis, financial appraisals, presenting to investment committee, site acquisition and lease negotiations, design development, planning applications through to oversight of the construction period in conjunction with the internal construction team.
The role will also include involvement in the group merger & acquisition activities, where Applegreen has been very active in recent years, in the US and the UK in particular. This role will represent a key appointment to the team strengthening the development skillset while also providing wider support to group development and acquisition projects.
Purpose of the role:
The role of Property Development Manager is to originate and deliver service area development projects. The role will be end-to-end including site identification, acquisition, appraisal, internal approval, design, planning and construction stages, working in conjunction with the internal construction team. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into Applegreen seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role. The role will report to the Group Head of Acquisitions in Applegreen and will be based in the Group headquarters office in Park West, Dublin.
- As the Applegreen business evolves, the responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
The core responsibilities will centre around the following areas:
• Leading on all site identification and financial appraisal aspects of development projects.
• Manage all pre-acquisition feasibility studies, liaising with internal operations team and presenting to and managing investment committee approvals.
• Manage all contract and legal negotiations with landowners and landlords
• Manage external professional teams to deliver planning consents and designs against agreed programme timescales and budgets.
• Proactively manage and co-ordinate the input of the design and operations team into the development process, including operational requirements and specifications.
• Manage the planning application process with planning authorities and other statutory approval bodies and third parties.
• Manage all aspects of contract negotiations and legal documentation.
• Assisting in group wide development and merger & acquisition projects and public private partnership bids in a range of contexts, from technical and property due diligence, bid preparation and management, to post bid implementation activities.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Candidate should have the following:
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
• Relevant third level degree in property, construction, engineering or similar discipline required.
• Hold a minimum of 5 years relevant development experience of taking projects through the acquisition, planning and construction stages.
• Experience of delivering projects from inception to completion.
• Must have strong technical knowledge and highly competent in development appraisals and financial modelling.
• MRICS/MSCSI or equivalent professional qualification.
Additional Key Skills & Attributes:
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including report writing.
• High proficiency in MS Office packages in particular financial modelling and Excel as part of development planning and management.
• Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment and a keen interest in developing a career in Applegreen.
• Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills, and ability to influence and build strong relationships with internal and external colleagues’ and stakeholders.
• Expert experience of contracts negotiation and administration
• High work ethic with proven track record of delivering to high profile deadlines.
• A dynamic individual who is adaptable and can thrive in a rapidly growing organisation.
• A highly organised individual with ability to plan and prioritise workloads effectively for maximum impact and adapt around changing priorities as required.
• Ability to execute directly at high quality and pace.
• Strong interpersonal skills to lead on projects / meetings / negotiate contracts and present back to board/key stakeholders.
• Be a self-starter, and also be able to work collaboratively as a member of a highly interdependent team across many parts of Applegreen.
• Is resilient and calm under pressure.
• Willing to travel as required and be flexible with work hours to meet the needs of this role.
Contact details for applicants: