Property Services Coordinator
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]To deal with building surveying duties such as property inspections, defect analysis, stock condition surveys, procurement, contract management, fire safety assessments and energy management programmes.
RESPONSIBLE TO: PROPERTY SERVICES MANAGER
LOCATION: DUBLIN CITY CENTRE (TRAVEL REQUIRED)
CONTRACT: FULL TIME/ CONTRACT- 24 MONTHS JOB.
TRAVEL: The post is based in Dublin, involving nationwide travel. A valid driving licence and use of a car for business purposes is required.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Repairs & Maintenance
- Undertaking pre & post inspections of repair work and producing detailed and accurate reports.
- Providing technical advice and specifications along with the procurement and management of contractors.
- Instruction and supervision of contractors on site when required.
- Undertaking management of service contracts repairs and upgrades.
- Inspecting and reporting on projects and producing detailed and accurate reports.
- Assessing and dealing with the payment of contractor invoices.
- Providing technical assistance to Housing Management and Development staff as required.
Planned & Cyclical Maintenance
- Procuring Service and Maintenance Contracts.
- Undertaking pre and post inspections of properties and works.
- Management of contracts including attending meetings, monitoring progress and performance, drafting reports and updating programme trackers.
- Managing, liaising and reporting on Fire Risk Assessment periodic reviews.
- Managing planned and cyclical maintenance programmes using a Building Asset Database.
- Carrying out feasibility studies on adaptation solutions.
- Undertaking pre and post inspections of adaptation work recommended by Occupational Therapists and other relevant parties.
- Liaising with Local Authority and Occupational Therapists (or other relevant advisors), contractors and tenants before, during and after completion of the work.
- Drawing up work schedules and specifications to meet the requirements of the required adaptation work.
- Procuring competitive priced tenders based on the specifications.
Contract Procurement & Management
- Assisting with preparation of specifications, working drawings and contract documentation.
- Assisting with preparation of documents for tender and advising on the appointment of contractors and procurement routes.
- Assisting with preparation, implementation and management of planned and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- Assisting in the supervision of planned maintenance contracts and cost control.
- Assist in the procurement of Contractors and Professionals alike.
- Assist with carrying out feasibility studies.
- Assisting with preparing cost estimates for projects, based on initial feasibility studies.
- Liaise with Tenants and Contractors on the cyclical planned programme and quality control.
- Management of service contract providers and inspection of work.
- To undertake a range of surveying duties including pre-acquisition surveys, stock condition surveys, fire safety assessments, snag lists and measured surveys. Providing comprehensive written reports for same.
- Inspect and prepare reports on defects and other property condition issues.
- Assisting in the designing/re-designing of buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
Sustainable Energy & Environmental Management
- Develop and support Tuath’s Sustainable Energy Management programmes including Energy Audits, new Funding Opportunities and Energy Improvement Programmes.
- Advise on new energy initiatives and innovation to help reduce energy consumption by investigating sustainable products and approaches.
- Support Tuath’s energy upgrading programmes in renewable technologies such as Heat Pumps, Solar PV heating systems, insulating improvements and ventilation systems to maximise financial and environmental returns.
- Contribute to Tuath’s energy consumption database to identify and deliver cost saving opportunities.
- Grow and develop Tuath’s relationship with SEAI and other Sustainable Energy stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports on energy and environmental improvements if required.
- Undertaking assessments of utility fuel provision and negotiating new supply provisions if required.
- Conducting all activities in a manner which is safe to yourself and others. To be aware and act in accordance with the Association’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Contributing to the effective delivery of a Quality Service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
- Complying with the requirements of Data Protection, Equal Opportunities and Equality legislation.
- Assist with the procurement of consultants.
- Participating on forums/working groups/committees as required.
- Liaising with Managing Agents / Companies in relation to the areas of their responsibility such as Fire Safety, Emergency Lighting, Lifts, common services and general repairs, service maintenance and cleaning of the areas under their control.
- Liaise with the Housing Department on all aspects affecting tenants.
- Dealing with insurance claims, liaising with insurers, loss assessors and loss adjustors on behalf of the Association.
- Assisting the Property Services Manager, Directors and the Chief Executive of the Association with the compilation of stats, reports and data as required.
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Tuath’s and your own health and safety obligations.
- To positively promote the Association in all activities.
- To exercise discretion in all aspects of the role.
- Offer technical advice to other staff.
- Request /attend training appropriate to your role.
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
- Diploma in Building Surveying or similar Construction related Diploma or a Diploma in Building Services (Mech & Elec).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous technical / construction experience in housing.
- Previous technical / construction experience in social housing.
- Experience of supervising on-site programmes / site and maintenance inspections.
- Experience of defect diagnosis and identification of remedial works.
- Experience of pre and post inspections of repair work / adaptations.
- Experience in planned and cyclical maintenance and production of relevant inspection reports.
- Experience of carrying out feasibility studies.
- Experience of preparing / managing cyclical / planned works maintenance programme.
- Experience in procurement / contract supervision.
- Specialist role related knowledge, especially building surveying & building pathology.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and compliance within a construction setting.
- Knowledge of techniques of residential construction and their services systems.
- Knowledge of Technical Guidance Documents / Building Control Requirements.
- Financial control and budget management skills.
- Ability to work accurately / attention to detail.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written, report writing & presentation.
- Ability to be self-motivated, work on own initiative and also be part of a team
- Experience in using Microsoft packages and I.T. skills to intermediate level including the use of word, excel and access.
- Experience in computerised maintenance and managing building asset databases.
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions such as attending lunch & evening meetings.
- Willingness to travel and if required overnight stays for work purposes.
- Full driving licence and use of car / Ability to meet the mobility requirements of the post.
Role relevant to what type of surveyors
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Property Management & Facility Manager Surveyors and Building Surveyors[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Download full job description
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Click to download job description.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]