Property Services Officer
Principal Objectives of the Position:
To work with North and East Housing Association’s Manager – Asset & Facilities Management to ensure all necessary technical services are delivered to a high standard. This will include but not limited to stock condition surveys, building survey reports, defect diagnosis, property inspections, snagging, contract administration, clerk of works duties and providing technical support to staff.
Responsible for/duties: 1.0 Stock Condition Surveys
- To survey the existing housing stock and assist the Manager – Asset & Facilities Management with the implementation of the Association’s Asset Management Strategy.
- Verify current stock condition of the properties and identify all necessary property data information.
- Input collated property data information and populate into North and East’s asset management system (Civica CX).
- Validate all asset related data currently held and update accordingly.
2.0 Responsive Repairs & Maintenance
- Carry out defect diagnosis inspections and prepare reports.
- Undertake pre and post inspections of repair work and producing detailed and accurate reports.
- Preparing schedules of works and specification and obtain quotations for repairs.
- Instruction and inspection of contractors work on site when required.
- Inspecting and reporting on a sample of completed repairs and service agreement work to ensure that the Association’s standards are met.
- Providing technical assistance to Housing Team as required.
- Carry out inspections of void properties and prepare list of repairs in addition to those required under the North and East’s void letting Policy.
3.0 Planned & Cyclical Maintenance
- Undertake pre and post inspections of properties and works included in planned and cyclical maintenance programme.
- Attending contract meetings for planned and cyclical maintenance schemes and monitoring progress and performance.
- Assist with preparation of specifications and contract documentation for maintenance contracts and advising on the appointment of contractors.
- Assisting with preparation, implementation and management of planned and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- Assist with the supervision of planned maintenance contracts and cost control.
- Assist with carrying out feasibility studies for ‘Spend to Save’ planned preventative maintenance works.
- Liaise with Tenants and Contractors on the cyclical planned programme and quality control.
- Management of service contract providers and inspection of work
4.0 Clerk of Works duties
- Site inspection and monitoring of contracts, checking all materials and workmanship and certification of material.
- Ensure compliance with contract drawings and specification, measuring and recording all contract variations and carrying out surveys on site.
- Monitoring and assessment of contract programme including liaising with project architect, engineers and site foreman/project manager.
- Awareness of on-site health & safety and liaising with PSDP.
- Recording of checks and progress and completion of weekly report sheets on progress.
- ‘Snagging’ inspections prior to handover.
- Carry out building condition surveys on new property acquisitions and assisting the Manager – Asset & Facilities Management in preparing technical appraisals.
- Tendering, contract administration, inspecting and monitoring of the contractor’s work.
- Assist the Manager – Asset & Facilities Management and the Chief Executive in conducting feasibility studies on new developments.
- Assist the Manager – Asset & Facilities Management in preparing technical appraisals for new development proposals including site inspections, reviewing plans and specifications.
- Carry out and prepare schedule of condition report for new leased units.
- Contribute to the on-going activities of the senior management team.
- Undertake other occasional duties which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post.
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving
- Time and Priority Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required for the satisfactory performance of these duties: At the discretion of the Association:
- Candidates will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of Degree (at level 8 of NFQ) required in Building Surveying or equivalent.
- Professional membership of the Society of Chartered Surveyor and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent
- Managing Safely in Construction Certification desirable
- Full driving licence and use of car / Ability to meet the mobility requirements of the post.
- Specialist role related knowledge, especially building surveying & building pathology.
- Experience in carrying out building and schedule of conditions surveys.
- Experience in planned and cyclical maintenance and production of relevant inspection reports.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and compliance within a construction setting.
- Financial control and budget management skills
- Experience of using AutoCAD in preparation of plans and details.
- Knowledge of techniques of residential construction and their services systems for both single houses and multi-occupancy units.
Communication skills –verbal and written, report writing & presentation.
- Ability to work accurately / attention to detail.
- PC literate and competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of housing/asset management based software desirable.
- Attend training appropriate to your role and ensure continuing professional development.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS : Internal: Housing team, Tenant support, Property Services Team External: Tenants/contractors
Property Services Officer – €46,400 to €62,358
North & East Housing Association are based in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 and have developments in 11 counties including Louth, Monaghan, Meath, Laois, Wicklow and Dublin. If you would like to be part of an organisation that engages with tenants and relevant stakeholders internally and externally to deliver high-quality tenant services with a high emphasis on customer service please visit our website at www.northandeast.ie to view the jobs we currently have on offer. Hybrid working will be available after 3 months service/induction/training.
If you are interested in the role, please submit your cv along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on Tuesday 6 February 2024.
If you have any queries around the role please e-mail email@example.com