ABOUT THE LAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA will be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the Senior Cost Management Team and to support the development of the LDA’s extensive development pipeline, by assisting with cost benchmarking, Agency cost report and tracking, in-depth cost analysis of all construction and development costs, validation of cost plans from early feasibility through to construction, ensuring robust budgeting and value for money is always achieved.
Working across multiple business functions including Strategic planning & Master planning, Property and Construction. The LDA are looking for candidates with strong commercial and technical acumen allied with the ambition and drive to progress the exciting development pipeline on a scale that is unrivalled in the State.
A successful candidate will actively collaborate and support colleagues and the wider LDA stakeholders.
• Participation in design team meetings through the design phases offering cost advice to ensure the financial viability of the project without compromising the design, including: o Design brief development o Project cost estimating o Project-specific contractor selection o Cost benchmarking and analysis o Project budget development o Monthly cost reporting preparation
• Prepare cost analysis to identify the most cost-efficient unit types, unit layouts and building materials.
• Assisting and leading in the co-ordination of value engineering exercises throughout various stages of projects.
• Liaising with project delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
• Investigation and research into innovative procurement strategies, innovative material / product selection, modern methods of construction, the supply chain and cost analysis.
• Developing and maintaining a databank of construction costs to assist the ongoing development and financial appraisals process.
• Prepare high-level feasibilities for early-stage viability analysis.
• Work with LDA Development Managers and Construction Managers to develop budgets and track expenditure.
• Assisting LDA Development Managers and Construction Managers as required in the management of projects on a day- to- day basis.
• Involvement in contractor negotiations where appropriate.
• Attend meetings and undertake site visits.