QUANTITY SURVEYOR GRADE I IN THE OFFICE OF PUBLIC WORKS
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Office of Public Works) (OPW) seeks to appoint a Quantity Surveyor (Grade I) to join its Quantity Surveying Section, based in Dublin, reporting to the Head of Section. Working on a diverse range of construction projects in cultural institutions, LEED Gold offices, Garda stations and key State buildings, OPW QS Section has the opportunity to contribute to the development, upgrade and maintenance of meaningful projects, and collaborate with others to research trends, policy initiatives and best-practice guidance relevant to OPW’s operations.
The Quantity Surveyor Grade I will assist the Head of the Section in the management and delivery of quantity surveying services on a diverse range of new-build, refurbishment and conservation projects, generally up to €20 million in value, in a professional and collaborative manner, to a high standard of written and verbal communication. Applicants must demonstrate expertise in the measurement, pricing, procurement and proactive administration of construction projects (ideally using Cubit, common data environments and Tableau-based dashboards); with a focus on maximizing component functionality, value for money and whole life cost, whilst mitigating project risks identified by the team.
Closing date: 10th June 2021 We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The successful candidate will:
• Have obtained a qualification (minimum Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications) in quantity surveying, construction economics, or an equivalent qualification
• Be a professional, associate or fellow member of SCSI/RICS and registered on the respective Society’s website
• Be a person named on a register maintained pursuant to Part 4 (Registration of Quantity Surveyors) of the Building Control Act 2007
• Have a minimum of 10 years satisfactory relevant experience working as a quantity surveyor and possess a high standard of professional and technical training and experience
• Have substantial relevant post qualification experience of delivering client side quantity surveying of a consistently high standard in accordance with SCSI/RCSI standards with particular expertise in measuring full Bills of Quantities
• Have extensive experience of dealing with and resolving technical and contractual issues on major project including regular engagement with major contractors.
For more information and how to apply, visit: http://bit.ly/SCSI_Ad_QSGradeI[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]