Senior Building Surveyor
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]An excellent opportunity for a Senior, or Associate, Chartered Building Surveyor to play a key part in the commercial building surveying team providing high calibre professional advice to clients.
You will be delivering a wide range of building surveying services in a commercial environment with a high-level global investor and corporate occupier client base, including Amazon, UPS, GIC, EQT, and others.
You will be part of a flexible and very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
Key accountabilities: Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking all round building surveying work including: Technical Due Diligence Monitoring Refurbishment and redevelopment projects Contract administration Pre-acquisition surveys PPM General building surveying commercial work e.g. Dilapidations Performance criteria MRICS with minimum 2 years PQE Degree in Building Surveying Confident Technical Due Diligence surveyor Excellent report writing skills Expertise in general building surveying i.e. contract administration and dilapidations Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships Commercial awareness and understanding Embraces technology to deliver reports efficiently High level of up to date technical building knowledge
Skills and behaviour: Must be a good team player and able to work independently Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing Able to dictate effectively using digital dictation systems Business focused Able to participate in business development Participative in team/organisational events
Package indicators: Flexible & hybrid working Competitive salary and generous car allowance
Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance and 25-27 days holiday + volunteering day
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us.
Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – we value diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally. We have over 145 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Guildford, Leeds, London and Manchester. Apply now!![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Technical Due Diligence
- Monitoring Refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Contract administration
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- PPM General building surveying commercial work e.g. Dilapidations
- Performance criteria MRICS with minimum 2 years PQE Degree in Building Surveying
- Confident Technical Due Diligence surveyor
- Excellent report writing skills
- Expertise in general building surveying i.e. contract administration and dilapidations
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Embraces technology to deliver reports efficiently
- High level of up to date technical building knowledge, skills and behaviour
- Must be a good team player and able to work independently
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Able to dictate effectively using digital dictation systems
- Business focused
- Able to participate in business development
- Participative in team/organisational events