Senior Executive Quantity Surveyor (5 Year Fixed Term Contract)
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]An opportunity now exists in Cork City Council for the role of Senior Executive Quantity Surveyor – 5 Year Fixed Term Contract The City Council invites applications, from suitably qualified persons, who wish to be considered for inclusion on a panel from which vacancies for Senior Executive Quantity Surveyor – 5 Year Fixed Term Contract may be filled.
The initial placements will be in the Councils Infrastructure Delivery Directorate, but successful candidates may be assigned to work in/for other Directorates over time. The Senior Executive Quantity Surveyor will be required to work as part of a team reporting directly to the Director of Services or nominated Senior Engineer. He/she will also be required at times to work independently under his/her own initiative as circumstances demand. The duties shall encompass the full range of quantity surveying services across the full project life cycle.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Candidates shall, on the latest date for receipt of applications:
• hold a professional qualification in Quantity Surveying that is prescribed under the Building Control Act 2007, or a qualification in Quantity Surveying, that is equivalent to a qualification so prescribed in Section 29 of the Building Control Act 2007 and
• be eligible for registration as a Quantity Surveyor under the Building Control Act 2007 without requiring further assessment. Any appointment by the employing local authority will be subject to registration under the Act
• have at least seven years satisfactory relevant experience of quantity surveying
• possess a high standard of technical training and expertise
• possess a high standard of administrative and management experience
•have satisfactory knowledge of public service organisation or the ability to acquire such knowledge.
• Driving Licence – When required to do so holders of the office may be required to drive a motor car in the course of their duties and should therefore, hold a full driving licence for class B vehicles free from disqualification and medical limitations.
Further information is available in the Candidate Information Booklet available on our website at https://www.corkcity.ie/en/council-services/careers/[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]