Senior Executive Quantity Surveyor
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council was established in 1994 and is part of the Dublin Region. There are 40 Elected Members and a staff complement of over 1,100. It is home to 233,457 people in over 78,600 households. The County has both the lowest unemployment rate and the highest level of educational attainment of any County in the State as well as a unique array of economic activities that span from existing cultural, technological and educational establishments – including UCD, IADT and IMI – to high tech, pharmaceutical, financial and services sectors. It also has significant potential as an amenity and tourism destination for the Region both for Dublin residents and visitors.
A vacancy currently exists in Dún Laoghaire- Rathdown County Council for the role of Senior Executive Quantity Surveyor.
The Senior Executive Quantity Surveyor will manage and is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of a professional and high quality level of Quantity Surveying and Procurement Services to the Housing Department in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a professional qualification in quantity surveying that is prescribed under the Building Control Act 2007, or a qualification in quantity surveying that is equivalent to a qualification so prescribed in Section 29 of the Building Control Act 2007 and;
- Be eligible for registration as a quantity surveyor under the Building Control Act 2007 without requiring further assessment. Any appointment by the employing local authority will be subject to registration under the Act
- Have at least seven years’ satisfactory relevant experience in quantity surveying.
- Possess a high standard of technical training and expertise;
- Possess a high standard of administrative and management experience; and
- Have satisfactory knowledge of public service organisation or the ability to acquire such knowledge
A full list of the essential requirements for this position is listed in the Candidate Information Booklet.
The Public Appointments Service are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.
Closing date: 3pm Thursday 25th May 2023.
Role relevant to what type of surveyors
Contact details for applicants