Senior Project Manager
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Project Manager will lead all aspects of the project management for the delivery of major projects from design inception to practical completion. Working closely with other members of both the Development department, Hibernia’s other departments, and its Senior Leadership Team, the Senior Project Manager will take full responsibility for the management and coordination of high-powered multidisciplinary project teams.
- Manage the design and construction stages of concurrent multi-million Euro development projects from conception to completion. This will include attending and managing design, technical and contractor meetings and ensuring the delivery of all follow up actions.
- Assist with the selection and appointment of professional team members including consultants and contractors.
- Prepare and take responsibility for development budgets based on input from the Project Team and working closely with members of Hibernia’s Finance team.
- Monitor and report on the progress, costs and quality of the projects to assist taking appropriate and timely action(s) to prevent project programme and budget over-runs. Ensure that approval for all expenditure is obtained from the Board.
- Strive to identify and mitigate bottlenecks in the development of the design and construction processes and recommend mitigating strategies.
- Close-out projects from the viewpoint of practical completion, post-occupation, final account, safety file documentation and statutory compliance.
- Work with internal teams to transition completed developments to operational management.
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with prospective tenants and their technical representatives.
- Work with the Development Team on all aspects of development management primarily of large-scale office projects – planning, environmental, statutory, legal, tenant relationships, sustainability etc.
- Assist with the company’s drive to become leaders in in sustainability the Dublin office market by designing and delivering new buildings which achieve the highest standard of sustainability.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with both the Investment and Property teams within Hibernia.
- Maintain a constant watching brief towards quality and safety when visiting and inspecting projects.
- A third level qualification in construction, quantity surveying, building services or civil/structural engineering is essential.
- Chartered in one of the above disciplines.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience gained at senior level in the design and delivery of residential and/or commercial construction projects.
- High level of proficiency and expertise in the management and delivery of large construction projects, design teams and contractors as well a strong working knowledge of BC(A)R.
- A knowledge and awareness of the current construction and planning regimes in Ireland.
- An awareness of the changing sustainability practices in Ireland and how they apply to office and residential buildings.