About Land Development Agency
The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA is be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion. The primary LDA legislation passed in 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior level Quantity Surveyor (SQS / Associate Director) to join the LDA Cost Management Team at a senior level, to help build a dynamic, efficient, reliable and industry leading Cost Management Function within the Agency and to support the development of the LDA’s extensive development pipeline, by assisting with cost data harvesting, cost benchmarking, Agency cost reporting and tracking, in-depth cost analysis of all construction and development costs, validation of cost plans from early feasibility through to construction, ensuring robust budgeting and value for money is always achieved. Working across multiple business functions including Strategic Planning & Master Planning, Property, Construction and Asset Management.
The LDA are looking for senior candidates with strong commercial and technical acumen allied with the ambition and drive to progress the exciting development pipeline on a scale that is unrivalled in the State, with project values ranging from €60m to €1bn+.
The successful candidate will be fulfilling a dynamic role in the residential development sector, involved from initial site analysis and acquisition right through to management of the asset following completion of the project along with significant exposure to public procurement, whilst working with public and private bodies and organisations. This environment will significantly enhance the successful candidates’ skills and knowledge across all facets of a developments life cycle whilst contributing to the Agency’s mandate in delivering affordable homes throughout the State.
A successful candidate will actively collaborate and support colleagues and the wider LDA stakeholders.
- Participation in project workshops throughout the design phases offering cost, value for money, procurement, contract and affordability advice and assist in ensuring the financial viability of the project.
- Prepare cost analysis to identify the most cost-efficient unit types, unit layouts and building materials.
- Assisting and leading in the co-ordination of value engineering exercises throughout various stages of projects.
- Liaising with project delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
- Investigation and research into innovative procurement strategies, innovative material / product selection, modern methods of construction, the supply chain and cost analysis.
- Developing and maintaining a database of construction costs to assist the ongoing development and financial appraisals process.
- Prepare high-level feasibilities and OMCs for early-stage viability analysis.
- Work with LDA Development Managers and Construction Managers to develop budgets and track expenditure.
- Assisting LDA Development Managers and Construction Managers as required in the management of projects on a day- to- day basis.
- Interface and liaise closely with external consultants retained on LDA developments, building effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Review and assess external QS reports and cost documents. Liaise closely with all LDA external cost management teams.
- Involvement in contractor negotiations where appropriate.
- Attend meetings and undertake site visits.
- In collaboration with the LDA Asset Management Team establish, develop and maintain life cycle costing analyses and database pertaining to the asset management of LDA developments.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a PQS / Developers QS or similar environment with demonstrable relevant experience in a senior level role. Candidates should at least be at an experienced SQS level and comfortable engaging with senior management of internal and external bodies.
- Extensive experience with cost management and procurement of residential developments.
- Knowledge and/or experience of public procurement is an advantage.
- A self-starter, ability to take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of major projects and tasks.
- Ability to work within a team and to appreciate the multi-disciplinary nature of the LDA.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across both internal and external functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with clarity of delivery.
- Degree or Higher in Quantity Surveying.
- Chartered (SCSI / RICS).
- Excellent written and spoken communicator.
- Understanding/working knowledge of BIM.
- Microsoft Office Suite, with particular emphasis on strong MS Excel abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills and a team player
- Willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
Location: Predominantly Dublin
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Cost Management Lead
Closing date for applications is 3pm Friday, 10th February 2023.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.