Senior Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
About O'Byrne Jenkins
With over 38 years’ experience in the Irish market, O’Byrne Jenkins has established itself as a trusted partner with a legacy of delivering exceptional projects across diverse sectors. Our longevity in the Irish Construction industry is a testament to our commitment to excellence, innovation and customer satisfaction.
The Opportunity for New Employees
Joining O’Byrne Jenkins means becoming an integral part of a forward-thinking team where your contributions are not just valued but celebrated. New employees will have a unique opportunity to advance their career and be at the forefront of change.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor at OBJ, you will play a pivotal role in managing and delivering projects across various construction stages. Reporting directly to the Directors, you will contribute to the commercial success of our projects while enjoying accelerated career advancement opportunities. With a robust pipeline of projects, this role is designed for individuals hungry for career progression and ready to make a significant impact.
- Prepare comprehensive cost plans and budget estimates.
- Conduct value engineering, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Create Bills of Quantities with precision and attention to detail.
- Review and evaluate tenders, ensuring alignment with project objectives.
- Assess interim valuation payments, negotiating and agreeing on variations.
- Provide expert cost reporting and contribute to final account settlement.
- Regularly communicate with key stakeholders, ensuring transparency and satisfaction.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of a degree-level qualification in Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics, or similar.
- Professional membership to SCSI or RICS is preferred.
- Over 7 years of post-qualification experience within a reputable cost consultancy environment.
- Strong commitment to delivering exceptional work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficient in compiling contract documentation, reports, valuations, and claims.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Eligibility to work in Ireland is a must.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary package.
- Full-time permanent position.
- Performance-based bonus.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Paid annual institute membership subscriptions.
- 21 days of annual leave.
- Accelerated career advancement opportunities, with the potential to progress to Associate for the right candidate.