Senior Surveyor/Associate Director
BNP Paribas Real Estate, one of the leading international real estate providers, offers its clients a comprehensive range of services that span the entire real estate lifecycle: property development, transaction, consulting, valuation, property management and investment management. With 5,300 employees, BNP Paribas Real Estate supports owners, leaseholders, investors and communities in their projects thanks to our local expertise through 24 countries (14 directly owned and 10 through our Alliance network) in Europe, Middle-East and Asia. BNP Paribas Real Estate generated over €918 m revenues in 2022. Also in 2022, BNP Paribas Real Estate advised our clients on €24.7 billion of property investments, helped place 5.7 million m2 of business space for occupiers, we managed 48.8 million m2 total area and valued €500 billion worth of assets. BNP Paribas Real Estate (“BNPPRE”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas SA present in 65 countries with over 193,122 employees.
Due to an increase in business and continued expansion, we are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Chartered Surveyor to join our Professional Services team. Reporting to the Executive Director & Head of Professional Services, the ideal candidate will work on a full range of professional services, rent reviews, rating and general lease advisory mandates. This role will provide an exciting opportunity for a result-oriented, dynamic and hard-working individual who is ambitious and wishes to progress his/her career in Europe’s leading commercial real estate consultancy.
- Corporate Real Estate and related areas including rent reviews and lease renewal negotiations
- Working alongside the Executive Director & Head of Professional Services with the valuation engagements, negotiations, inspections on all types of commercial property & land
- Ability to successfully lead mandates from inception to completion
- Achieving fee earning targets, commensurate with role
- Adhering and contributing to pre due diligence activities, in line with the Group Policies and Procedures
- Understanding the team targets, and what generates revenue and makes profits
- Creating robust well considered, accurate valuations and reports
- Undertaking personal developmental activities to broaden experience and knowledge, including CPD
- Actively promoting and developing the profile of the Professional Services team externally and internally, within the wider BNP Paribas business
- Provide accurate information to the Managing Director and Executive Directors as required
- Liaising with other key departments to cross sell clients and related services
- Contribute to other colleagues’ (Surveyor and Graduates) development
- Assisting in research and market intelligence activities
- Any other responsibilities commensurate with experience
Qualifications and experience
- Educated to degree level
- MSCSI/MRICS qualified
- 3 to 5 years post qualification (MRICS) with proven experience in a commercial real estate practice
- RICS Registered Valuer
- PSRA Licence Holder
- Trained in Argus Enterprise
- Proven experience with rent reviews and lease renewal negotiations
- Proven experience of undertaking Red Book compliant valuations and reports
- Full clean driving licence – it is necessary to own a car
Soft skills & Technical skills
- Ability to communicate and integrate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Possess strong technical skills and be proficient in the use of the Microsoft package including Word, Excel
- Powerpoint Excel and Argus Enterprise
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with existing and potential clients
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communications skills. It is an essential requirement of the role that the successful candidate is fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Excellent attention to detail
What You Can Expect From Us
You will be joining a friendly, entrepreneurial and inclusive culture. We are driven by our core values and aim to embody them in all we do. We aspire to be refreshingly different and achieve this through using our unique perspectives, capabilities and expertise. We are bravely ambitious by going beyond what is required of us, and we are successful together; trusting one another and working collaboratively to achieve great results. We recognise our employees are our most valuable asset, and our benefits scheme, employee engagement opportunities and Learning & Development offerings are our commitment to you and your career with us. We offer personal support, a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package. If you chose to join BNP Paribas or one of our subsidiaries, we will develop your strengths and fulfil your career ambitions. BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status.
Please send your updated curriculum vitae to Jennifer Byrne, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference: BNPPRE – Surveyor Professional Services 2023.
Please note that candidates who will be screened for this position may be asked to undertake testing during the recruitment process. We thank all candidates interested in working for BNPPRE, however only candidates who will be selected to commence our recruitment process will be contacted.
BNPPRE Ireland does not accept any speculative applications received via recruitment agency.