Site Property Manager (Dublin)
The Land Development Agency (LDA) is a key Government Commercial Semi-State Body that delivers social and affordable housing on State and other lands. It is overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with €1.25 billion of equity which is drawn as required. The LDA has commenced construction on various state sourced lands and is currently working on direct delivery projects that can deliver over 5,000 homes. It is also delivering affordable housing by working with the private sector on an initiative called ‘Project Tosaigh’, which will yield a further 5,000 homes. Additionally, the LDA is working on large-scale longer-term strategic areas by master-planning and bringing forward planning applications in locations such as Limerick Colbert Quarter, the Digital Hub in Dublin and Sandy Road in Galway. The Role This is a new role and will offer the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work on a wide range of transformative projects across the country initially through the management of large-scale sites and landbanks as they become part of the LDA portfolio and subsequently through contributions across the development life cycle. The successful candidate will be an experienced Block Manager and will be tasked with managing external managing agent in the delivery of common area, estate and block management for the LDA’s properties. Where applicable they may also be required to liaise with the OMC’s Managing Agent regarding the LDA’s units on some development. The ideal candidate will have all necessary technical and commercial acumen required to successfully manage large blocks of property and sites, but importantly will need to be a team player with the drive, work ethic and adaptability to respond to the exciting challenges of the LDA mandate. This role will afford the right candidate an opportunity to take their Property Management career to a new level
- To provide property management and advisory services as appropriate in the management of LDA sites as per allotted portfolio.
- Ensure that all sites in allotted portfolio are safe, secured and insured appropriately, this includes controlling access and managing onsite risks to all external site visitors.
- Directing and working closely with the external property/asset management agents and/or internal teams as applicable.
- Liaising with maintenance contractors, procurement, and management of on-site works.
- Oversee all site inspections (periodic and tenancy related) of properties and consulting with and directing property manager and maintenance contractors, seeking competitive quotes for works in compliance with LDA procurement guidelines.
- Management of planned preventative maintenance, maintenance contracts, schedules, site safety files, health, and safety reports, site maps, leases, and all other statutory and legal documents.
- Liaising with Accounts Team to ensure efficient running of operations. Includes supporting the production of monthly and annual accounts, reviewing invoices for payment each month and actively investigating cost reduction opportunities.
- To assist in the planning management and rationalisation of each site including development of intermediate uses, prior to long term development for housing.
- Review and advise, from a property management perspective, on development proposals.
- Support the development of LDA strategies for property asset management.
- Ensure statutory compliance in respect of Planning and Zoning Regulations, Health and Safety, Building Regulations and any other applicable legislation or regulation to the sites within their portfolio.
- Conduct cost comparisons for all site contracts including the monitoring of energy usage, develop sustainable solutions to reduce same and prepare annual operating budgets.
- Collaborating with internal teams to implement new property management systems to collect, store and analyse all property information for compliance and decision support purposes.
- Preparing weekly/monthly reports for internal meetings and project reviews.
- Ensure portfolio and external contractors comply with applicable, legislation, regulation, and best practice in the delivery of their services.
- Proactively Develop management and leadership skills to ensure career development.
- Other duties as may be required based on the evolving operational requirements of the LDA.
- Have minimum 4 years of Block property/facility management experience.
- Ideally they will hold/qualify for a PSR Category D license.
- SCSI or other professional body membership desired with pathway identified to Chartered/full member Status.
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and external)
- Broad knowledge of general property management skills across varying markets.
- High level of technical proficiency to enable communication in technical terms with relevant personnel
- Detailed knowledge of the issues and developments and current thinking in relation to best practice in Property Management.
- Working knowledge of planning & development laws and Building regulations.
- Have a good working knowledge of current opportunities and trends in estate management, having the capability to advise on opportunities for maximising the potential of a diversified building stock.
- Knowledge and experience in Block Management and possession of PSRA D license a distinct advantage
- Must have own car and full, clean driving license. Skills
- Solutions and results focused
- Strong commercial awareness and sound professional judgement
- Excellent attention to detail is required and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience of other property related IT systems desired.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal in both day-to-day work as well as formal briefings.
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable. Capable of managing multiple sites via external suppliers or internal team.
More details on application please check LDA Website –