Site Property Manager
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Land Development Agency (LDA) is a key Government Commercial Semi-State Body that delivers social and affordable housing on State and other lands. It is overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with €1.25 billion of equity which is drawn as required. The LDA has commenced construction on various state sourced lands and is currently working on direct delivery projects that can deliver over 5,000 homes. It is also delivering affordable housing by working with the private sector on an initiative called ‘Project Tosaigh’, which will yield a further 5,000 homes. Additionally, the LDA is working on large-scale longer-term strategic areas by master-planning and bringing forward planning applications in locations such as Limerick Colbert Quarter, the Digital Hub in Dublin and Sandy Road in Galway.
This is a new role and will offer the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to work on a wide range of transformative projects across the country initially through the management of large-scale sites and landbanks as they become part of the LDA portfolio and subsequently through contributions across the development life cycle.
The ideal candidate will have all necessary technical and commercial acumen required to successfully manage large blocks of property and sites, but importantly will need to be a team player with the drive, work ethic and adaptability to respond to the exciting challenges of the LDA mandate.
- To provide property management and advisory services as appropriate in the management of LDA sites as per allotted portfolio.
- Ensure that all sites in allotted portfolio are safe, secured and insured appropriately, this includes controlling access and managing onsite risks to all external site visitors.
- Directing and working closely with the external property/asset management agents and/or internal teams as applicable.
- Liaising with maintenance contractors, procurement, and management of on-site works
- Oversee all site inspections (periodic and tenancy related) of properties and consulting with and directing property manager and maintenance contractors, seeking competitive quotes for works in compliance with LDA procurement guidelines.
- Management of planned preventative maintenance, maintenance contracts, schedules, site safety files, health, and safety reports, site maps, leases, and all other statutory and legal documents.
- Management of all aspects of commercial and other lettings including rent collection, proactive lease management, maintaining tenancy schedules as well as asset management inventories and administration of insurance and management of risk across portfolio.
- Future forecasting of revenue based on lease expiries / anticipated renewals / rental growth etc. Manage all commercial lease & license renewals in a proactive basis.
- Devise and execute targeted campaigns to let vacant / less attractive suites and get them income producing or supporting community initiatives in line with LDA mission.
- Liaising with Accounts Team to ensure efficient running of operations. Includes supporting the production of monthly and annual accounts, reviewing invoices for payment each month and actively investigate cost reduction opportunities
- To assist in the planning management and rationalisation of each site including development of intermediate uses, prior to long term development for housing.
- Review and advise, from a property management perspective, on development proposals.
- Support the development of LDA strategies for property asset management
- Ensure statutory compliance in respect of Planning and Zoning Regulations, Health and Safety, Building Regulations and any other applicable legislation or regulation to the sites within their portfolio.
- Ensure yearly updating of property valuations of all properties listed in the Property Registers and Database where required.
- Conduct cost comparisons for all site contracts including the monitoring of energy usage, develop sustainable solutions to reduce same and prepare annual operating budgets
- Collaborating with internal teams to implement new property management systems to collect, store and analyse all property information for compliance and decision support purposes.
- Preparing weekly/monthly reports for internal meetings and project reviews.
- Ensure portfolio and external contractors comply with applicable, legislation, regulation, and best practice in the delivery of their services.
- Proactively Develop management and leadership skills to ensure career development
- Other duties as may be required based on the evolving operational requirements of the LDA.
- Have minimum 3 years of direct property/facility management experience.
- SCSIS or other professional body membership desired with pathway identified to Chartered/full member Status.
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and external)
- Broad knowledge of general property management skills across varying markets.
- High level of technical proficiency to enable communication in technical terms with relevant personnel
- Detailed knowledge of the issues and developments and current thinking in relation to best practice in Property Management.
- Good knowledge of zoning and planning objectives, to include development plans & area plans.
- Good knowledge of planning & development laws and Building regulations.
- Have a good working knowledge of current opportunities and trends in estate management, having the capability to advise on opportunities for maximising the potential of a diversified building stock.
- Knowledge and experience in Block Management and possession of PSRA D license a distinct advantage
- Must have own car and full, clean driving license.
- Solutions and results focused
- Strong commercial awareness and sound professional judgement
- Excellent attention to detail is required and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel. Experience of other property related IT systems desired.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal in both day-to-day work as well as formal briefings.
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Flexible and adaptable. Capable of managing multiple sites via external suppliers or internal team.
Visit the LDA Careers Page
Closing date for applications Monday 29nd May 2023.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.
Role relevant to what type of surveyors
Commercial (Agent) Surveyors, Residential (Agent) Surveyors, Property Management & Facility Manager Surveyors, Planning & Develop Surveyors, and Valuation Surveyors Contact details for applicants