About the SCSI & the Role
The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland (SCSI) is the leading professional body for construction, land and property professionals in Ireland. the property, land and construction sectors. With over 6,500 members and students, we are committed to enhancing, advancing and enforcing professional standards in the construction, property and land sectors. The SCSI has built up a strong reputation working in the public interest and is well regarded as a trusted expert voice for these sectors.
We are recruiting a Team Administrator to assist in supporting the delivery of education, membership, regulation, and services to our members, along with front-of-house responsibilities. We put members at the centre of our work and seek to foster a culture of collaboration, respect and integrity in furtherance of our work.
This is an opportunity to gain invaluable and transferable experience within the construction, property and land sectors. The SCSI supports our team’s professional development and career growth.
|Director of Membership & Public Affairs
|Full-Time Position – subject to successful completion of 6-month probationary period
|Normal work hours will be Monday – Friday, 9.00 am – 5.30 pm.
|38 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
Key Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Maintain CRM records and use the system to support the core functions of the SCSI, including CPD and membership details.
- Assistance with various administrative tasks across the education, regulation and other teams as required.
- Assistance with scheduling meetings, issuing letters, due diligence checks and setting up rooms for in-person or online meetings.
- Assisting with preparation and delivery of training and events in SCSI offices and off-site, including setup, welcoming, and preparation of materials and certificates of completion.
- Front-of-house administrative duties include welcoming visitors to SCSI’s offices, managing room bookings, meeting setup & clean up, and other related tasks.
- Support queries from SCSI members and members of the public via email and phone.
- Other administrative duties as required from time to time.
Experience & Competencies
This role suits a person with strong organisational skills who works well in a team environment so they can deliver on the wide variety of projects they will be involved in. The role is perfect for those who focus on a high quality of work and attention to detail while working within timeframes.
Suitable candidates should have the following experience:
- Data administration and IT skills with a strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Communication skills, via phone and writing, necessary to manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Planning, administration, and time management skills.
- Solving problems for customers/members.
Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, Zoom, Teams and learning management systems or virtual learning environments is an advantage but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Pension contribution
- Tax saver travel tickets / Bike to work scheme
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Professional development support
- Flexible Work Scheme (nb the nature of this role limits capacity for remote working)
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Annual staff activities and outings
All interested candidates should apply to for more information.
If you are interested in finding out more about the above role and would like to be considered for this or other suitable roles that we may have available for your skillset – please send your CV in Word Format.
If you live in Ireland and hold a valid work permit, we would love to hear from you; if you do not hold a valid work permit, unfortunately, we will not be able to assist you with your job search.
The SCSI is an equal opportunity employer.