Technical Officer Capital
• Assist with technical development and coordinate the implementation of the higher education space survey
- Assist with the coordination of the Higher Education PPP Programme which shall include, liaising with higher education institutes, convening and recording meetings, and requesting information where required.
- Reviewing documentation, writing reports and memos
- Assist with the management and coordination of the HEA capital investment programme by the implementation of the CPU procedures, review of technical documentation in relation to project design, statutory compliance, procurement and contractual matter, project cost, raising clarifications as required and making recommendations.
- Contribute to the development and be responsible for the ongoing management of multiple databases, dashboards and systems including those related to higher education infrastructure, project cost, equipment etc.
- Contribute to the development of the internal systems/procedures/policies of the CPU
- Assist with the development and coordination of future funding programmes within the CPU
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of multiple programmes and initiatives across the CPU.
- Undertaking site visits/inspections to Higher Education facilities/sites/projects etc.
- Representing the HEA at meetings, industry events, conferences etc.
- Liaise closely with HEA colleagues in the CPU, the wider organisation, other Departments and State Agencies 5
- Assist the coordination and dissemination of information and data associated with the third level sector.
- Assist in evaluating HEI infrastructure proposals to include technical aspects, economic evaluations and financial information
- Assist with undertaking and coordinating project quality and compliance audits in accordance with the relevant requirements
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of stakeholder meetings.
- Prepare reports, statistics and other material in report, graphical and tabular formats as requested.
- Assist with the appointment, management, and coordination of external resources across multiple programmes and initiatives.
- Any other duties assigned by the Senior Manager, Deputy CEO and CEO
- Hold a degree (minimum level 7 in the National Framework of Qualifications) in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, or similar construction related discipline
- Have at least one-year satisfactory experience working within the construction sector
- Strong verbal and written communication with excellent report writing skill
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in the Microsoft Office suite of programmes, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail with strong analytical skills and ability to interrogate and challenge information/data Desirable
- Experience in the use of specialist software packages such as Microsoft Project, ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of, and experience public procurement requirements and the CWMF
- Knowledge of DEC, BER, NZEB, building energy management, building energy efficiency measures including renewables
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Good stakeholder relationship management skills
- Knowledge of and/or experience of project management Further information on the work of the Higher Education Authority is available at www.hea.ie and The HEA is an equal opportunities employer. For further information, please see https://hea.ie/vacancies/
Contact details for applicants:
Karolina-Anna Siedlik firstname.lastname@example.org[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]