Key Role & Responsibilities:
Stock Condition Surveys
- To inspect the existing housing stock and assist Head of Housing & Property Management with the implementation of the Association’s Asset Management Strategy.
- Verify current stock condition of the properties and identify all necessary property data information.
- Input collated property data information and populate into Housing Management System, Afinity and likewise to update Choice with current data.
- Validate all asset related data currently held and update accordingly.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
Responsive Repairs & Maintenance
- Carry out defect diagnosis inspections and prepare reports.
- Undertake pre and post inspections of repair work and producing detailed and accurate reports.
- Preparing schedules of works and specification and obtain quotations for repairs.
- Instruction and inspection of contractors work on site when required.
- Inspecting and reporting on a sample of completed repairs and service agreement work to ensurethat HAIL’s standards are met.
- Providing technical assistance to all Team’s as required.
- Carry out inspections of void properties and prepare list of repairs in addition to those required under HAIL’s Maintenance Manual.
- To manage the performance of HAIL’s contractors
Key Role & Responsibilities:
Planned & Cyclical Maintenance
- Project manage works schedule for both the planned and cyclical maintenance programs
- Undertake pre and post inspections of properties and works included in planned and cyclical maintenance programs.
- Attend contract meetings for planned and cyclical maintenance schemes and monitoring progress and performance.
- Assist with preparation of specifications and contract documentation for maintenance contracts and advising on the appointment of contractors.
- Assisting with preparation, implementation and management of planned and cyclical maintenance programs.
- Assist with the supervision of planned maintenance contracts and cost control.
- Liaise with Tenants and Contractors on the cyclical and planned programme and quality control.
- Management of service contract providers and inspection of work
Key Role & Responsibilities: Development & refurbishment
- Carry out building condition surveys on new property acquisitions if/when required.
- Tendering, contract administration, inspecting and monitoring of the contractor’s work.
- Assist the Chief Executive in conducting feasibility studies on new developments.
Key Roles and Responsibilities Organisation
- Working with other teams within HAIL
- Utilising the housing management computer system for the administration and maintenance of all relevant property files.
- To create, manage, update and maintain all property files.
- To contribute to policy and procedures and to participate in the ongoing review and revision of documents within a service improvement framework.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local housing authorities and other agencies who have a key role in effecting property management.
- Keeping abreast of key legislative and procedural matters which affect your work as Technical Officer.
- Producing reports as required on key performance indicators for all properties and developments.
Key Roles and Responsibilities – Training
- Attend/Request training appropriate to your role.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both HAIL’s and your own health and safety obligations.
- To ensure that all associated risks are mitigated and reported to the appropriate person
- To positively promote the Association in all activities.
- To exercise discretion in all aspects of the role.
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role.
Person Specification - Key requirements for this post are:
- Candidates will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Minimum of Degree (at level 8 of NFQ) required in Building Surveying or equivalent
- Professional membership of the Society of Chartered Surveyor and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent - desirable
- Managing Safely in Construction Certification desirable
- Full driving licence and use of car / Ability to meet the mobility requirements of the post.
- Specialist role related knowledge, especially building surveying & building pathology.
2. Experience, Knowledge & Skills.
The Applicant must have proficient experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas to be deemed suitable for this position.
- Experience in carrying out building and schedule of conditions surveys.
- Experience in planned and cyclical maintenance and production of relevant inspection reports.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and compliance within a construction setting.
- Financial control and budget management skills would be desirable
- Project management skills and experience
- Knowledge of techniques of residential construction and their services systems for both single houses and multi-occupancy units.
- Communication skills –verbal and written, report writing & presentation.
- Ability to work accurately / attention to detail.
- PC literate and competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. 5
- Experience of housing/asset management based software desirable.
- Attend training appropriate to your role and ensure continuing professional development.
The Salary will be commensurate with the experience of the individual appointed and in line with the Organisation’s salary scale. Salary Scale: Starting Salary €45,00 (Salary scale available on request)
- Flexible working hours
- 24 annual leave days plus 3 Company days
- Company Pension Scheme with current contributions rates of 5% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health insurance for serious illness
- Training and development
- Paid expenses
This post will be filled immediately. All contracts are subject to successful completion of a six month probationary period.