Chief Assistant Property Manager – State Org – 2yr Contract going perm
Job in a State Organisation.
- Build relationships, to support the role, with Estate Agents, Local Authorities and property management personnel in Galway, Mayo and Roscommon.
- Prepare reviews and commentaries on Development Plans of the Local Authorities within Galway, Mayo and Roscommon in consultation with appropriate officers and advisors.
- Ensure statutory compliance in respect of Planning and Zoning Regulations regarding all properties in Galway, Mayo and Roscommon Maintain a comprehensive property register database for all properties in Galway, Mayo and Roscommon
- Provide property management and advisory services as appropriate in the management of the Health Estate in Galway, Mayo and Roscommon to assist in the planning management and rationalisation of the existing Estate
- Provide, or arrange provision of independent expertise in property valuations.
- Ensure yearly updating of property valuations of all properties listed in the Property Registers and Database where required.
- Advise on strategies associated with potential for disposing of surplus lands and properties, with particular reference to ‘campus’ sites and underutilised properties.
- Advise on strategies to maximise the operational and financial potential of properties and land assets within the portfolios of Galway, Mayo and Roscommon.
- Review and advise, from a property management perspective, on third party proposals on behalf of clients, e.g: developer proposals, D&B development options, PPP procurement etc.
- To advise and assist the integrated service area personnel on the sourcing and acquisition of new facilities in line with the goals contained in their Service Plans.
- Provide support role and assistance to the business management personnel in the integrated service area regarding the Development strategies for campus sites.
- Provide advice and assistance to the Clients requirement in relation to sourcing suitable properties, through public and private development opportunities, public/private partnership, leasing, renting and buying opportunities joint venturing etc.
- Sit on teams convened by the clients, from time to time, in respect of property related proposals.
- Ensure that property related contracts are executed in accordance with the requirement of the internal Property Protocol Carry out property suitability assessment reports and liaise as necessary with other internal and external expertise.
- Provide documentation in relation to the acquisition and disposal submissions to the Property Approvals Group and the Senior Leadership Team. Inspect and review leases and contracts as required.
- Arranging for preparation of title maps, lease maps and other maps associated with contract documents for property related transactions and application submissions to the Property Registration Authority.
- Various Other Responsibilities as a when required – A full Job Description is available on request.
- 2 year contract with a view to being made permanent.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Professional Qualifications, Experience, etc.
(a) Eligible applicants must satisfy the following Professional Qualifications and Experience. Qualifications:
(i) Applicants must have a minimum honors degree (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) in Property Studies, Property Surveying or Property Economics or similar property related degree. Or
(ii) Be a Chartered Property Surveyor (i.e. Commercial Agency Surveyor, Property & Facilities Management Surveyor or Valuation Surveyor) and Full Member/Fellow of the SCSI/ RIGS. Or
(iii) Hold a qualification at least equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
(iv) Have had at least 7 years’ satisfactory experience, at least 3 of which are after attaining the qualification at i), ii), iii) in the direction and supervision of commercial; agency, property valuation, property transactions and/or property management.
(v) Good working knowledge or demonstrate an ability to acquire a good working knowledge of the legal, regulatory, and governance framework as they relate to large State Property portfolios.
(vi) Experience in financial planning, budgeting, lease management and strategy development.
(b) Candidates must possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and administrative ability), for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your cv and a detailed a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 29th September 2023